• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Your Local Hometown Track

tombo

Looks to be a 1955 Chevy...I think I can see the Old style red Beacon Light on the roof...and the Sheriff star on the door. This is probably not the bel-air model but a 210 model 55 chevy because it is a police car...COOL, I would rather get hauled away in that than these new police cars, If I had a choice that is...well if I really had a choice I would choose just to admire them from the outside only! Nice Cars.
Thats exactly what it is.

Thats exactly what it is.
I knew it.

My 1rst car was a 1956 Chevy Bel-Air. I also had a 1955 Buick Roadmaster at the same time, along with a 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 and a 73 Pontiac LeMans.
I had one plate and moved it from car to car, the cops told me "we see that plate on too many cars you better keep it on one". I guess it goes without saying that I had 15 miss-use of plates from 18 to 20 years old. I did get away with them all...
then the DUI's started, Totally Different Story always ending up in losing my license and jail time, after time, after time, after time.

One azz and with four different seats...it is still this way now and throughout my whole life with cars...always at least 4 at one time. I drive a different car almost everyday.

Lololol you guys sure are funny lololol.
But it is true.im giving an advantage at American car shows having a foreign car..
Today got 1st in our class and best overall interior in another town...
"Swept the weekend"
Also you said that you had a lot of kids that like the Little Pink Love Bug.
Good Job tombo, it is nice to get recognized for all the effort and hard work that goes into keeping something in Show Car Quality.
I was thinking, do you drive it to car shows or is it as they say a trailer queen...either way you have a nice car.
Less chance for any damage trailing it, maybe?

tombo

Also you said that you had a lot of kids that like the Little Pink Love Bug.
Good Job tombo, it is nice to get recognized for all the effort and hard work that goes into keeping something in Show Car Quality.
I was thinking, do you drive it to car shows or is it as they say a trailer queen...either way you have a nice car.
Less chance for any damage trailing it, maybe?
No trailer.i drive it.its awesome to drive.the people as im going down the road all like it.the other day while heading to the show when a car passed then slowed i passed it back and they were recording it as they went by.
And theres always someone yelling "love your car!".
I have thought about trailering it to shows that are farther away.

Yeah that's the best way...to drive and enjoy them.
I love how people try to catch up to see or slow down to check out the car we are in, heck I do it too when I see something cool!
Those Beetles are a popular car with all ages...mine would be like a funny car all roll caged and a v-8 motor in the front powering it down the streets. I seen this done and like that before.

VW made a lot of different cool stuff.

My cousin pulled in a job from a New York Prison Guard that had a old James Dean style Porsche, well it turned out to have the same wheel base as a914 70's Porsche so we measured of my friends and cut up a Beetle floor pan and weld a frame set up to go under the old Porsche body. This way the guy can use cheap VW parts and not have the cost of buying Porsche parts. So you had the Old 60's James Dean Porsche on the VW homemade altered and reinforced welded frame (rolling chassis) built by my cousin's designed and I welded. It came out really cool and worked out well for the owner of the Old Style Porsche shell...they loved it. And now can afford parts to drive and enjoy it.

Lets bring this thread back to what it was meant for Local Race Tracks, tombo and the car show thread stuff was under his I am a celebrity thread. so this got out of hand as threads due,
We have a couple of Local Tracks here in Connecticut home of NASCAR Drivers Joey Logano and Ryan Preece.
So here is another one we go to: Stafford Motor Speedway

Stafford Motor Speedway is a semi-banked 1/2 mile paved oval located in Stafford Springs, Connecticut. Stafford Speedway is a NASCAR Whelen All-American Series sanctioned track with NASCAR weekly racing every Friday night May through September
13:25Stafford Motor Speedway, Spring Sizzler 2019, Late Model Feature

13:10
Random Highlights at Stafford Motor Speedway 7/13/18

10:57Street Stock & SK Light Features at Stafford Motor Speedway 6/8/18

1:53:36NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour 2019. Stafford Motor Speedway. Full RaceSome Full Races 2017 - 2019

1560221357145.jpg 18:56SMS Street Stock 2019. Stafford Motor Speedway. Full RaceRaces 2017 - 2019 1560221357273.jpg 49:14SK Modified 2019. Stafford Motor Speedway. Full RaceSome Full Races 2017 - 2019 1560221357450.jpg 8:20Random Highlights at Stafford Motor Speedway 6/29/18
1560221357601.jpg 6:52SMS Limited Late Model 2019.

Last edited:
Here is another Connectcut Home Town track... here in Connecticut home of NASCAR Drivers Joey Logano and Ryan Preece.
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, formerly Thompson Speedway and Thompson International Speedway, is a motorsports park in Thompson, Connecticut, featuring a ⁵⁄₈-mile paved oval racetrack and a 1.7-mile road racing course.
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (TSMP) is one of NASCAR’s oldest and most historic Home Tracks, opening in 1940 and hosting its first NASCAR race in 1951. Still operating under the NASCAR sanction sixty four years later, TSMP regularly hosts its own four NASCAR Whelen All-American Series divisions, as well as NASCAR’s oldest and most beloved regional touring series – the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour

Nestled in the heart of Modified country, TSMP’s premier division features the drivers that do battle in the open-wheel ground pounders. Known for their low, aggressive stance, the Sunoco Modifieds have featured NASCAR Whelen All-American Series National Champions, Keith Rocco and Ted Christopher. Keith Rocco took the 2016 championship after re-uniting with car owner Mark Pane.

Showcasing TSMP’s top-tier fendered racecars, the Late Model Division is known for its side-by-side racing and late race entertainment. 2016 saw William Wall claim his first Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park championship.

Big car counts, wheel-to-wheel racing, and edge-of your-seat excitement have long been the trademarks of TSMP’s Limited Sportsman Division. Though winless, Ryan Waterman was the top point-getter in 2016, claiming his first track championship.

Former street cars with roll cages and racing parts, the Mini Stock racecars are TSMP’s entry level division. Ripe with young talent and seasoned with experience, these four-cylinder power plants give breed to thrilling three-wide competition. In 2016, Wayne Burroughs Jr claimed his first championship at TSMP.

Known for racing excellence, Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park hosts four of the region’s largest events: the Icebreaker, Thompson 125, Bud “King of Beers” 150, and the World Series of Speedway Racing. Nationally recognized by fans as one of the country’s best events, the World Series of Speedway Racing features 18 divisions of competition, including the championship events for the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, American Canadian Tour, International Supermodified Association, Northeastern Midget Association, Valenti Modified Racing Series, and more.

Our history is rich, and our tradition lives on. We invite you to come and be part of NASCAR Nation at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park – your NASCAR Home Track.
1560222331980.jpg 22:28Limited Sportsman 2019. Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park. Full Race 1560222332348.jpg 27:43Sunoco Modifieds 2019. Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park. Full Race 1560222332500.jpg 44:55NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour 2017. Thompson Speedway
1560222332681.jpg 44:47 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East 2018. Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park. Full Race
1560222332856.jpg 12:53Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park | Budweiser 150 | Todd Bertrand In Car NE
3:34RccVideo's RRA Race from 6/17/17 Thompson Raceway Park TRP

6:15Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park - first look at newly rebuilt road course

Attachments

Here is another Connectcut Home Town track... This is Lime Rock Park 1560223173634.png 1560223139325.png
Lime Rock Park is the historic motorsports venue in Lakeville, Connecticut, in the state’s famous Northwest Corner, and has been New England’s road racing home since 1957. Lime Rock is located in Litchfield County, renowned for its vast historical, cultural and recreational resources.

It can be argued that Lime Rock is the most significantly historic sports car road racing circuit in North America. Busy all year round, in 2019 Lime Rock will host the Memorial Day Classic featuring the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli with SVRA and International GT, IMSA WeatherTech Northeast Grand Prix, the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge, and the well-known Labor Day weekend vintage racing extravaganza, Historic Festival 37.

In between those televised spectator race weekends, Lime Rock hosts corporate events, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) days, summer and winter autocross, car shows, foot and bicycle races, racing schools, driving schools, private and public track days, testing, consumer automotive events – even weddings, receptions and parties. Lime Rock Park is also home to the private and exclusive Lime Rock Drivers Club.

Lime Rock is unique and cannot be compared to any other track, arena or sporting venue: Great, safe racing at an historic but modern track, in a beautiful yet easily accessible setting.

Lime Rock Park is... Tradition. Beauty. Speed.
60 White Hollow Road Lakeville, CT 06039

Historic Festival - Labor Day Weekend | Lime Rock Park
limerock.com/labor-day-historics
1560223311359.jpg ▶ 0:44 Mar 16, 2019 - Uploaded by Lime Rock Park
Now in its 37th year, the Historic Festival at Lime Rock Park has been a time-honored tradition since 1982 ...
Take A Lap Around Lime Rock Park - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPaKz6a
_kM
1560223311471.jpg ▶ 1:17Jul 22, 2016 - Uploaded by IMSA Official
Take a lap around Lime Rock Park with Jan Magnussen in the No. 3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R.
Track Maps | Lime Rock Park limerock.com/track-map

1560223311583.jpg ▶ 1:17Jul 22, 2016 - Uploaded by IMSA Official
Satellite photo, including the autocross courses and skid pad. Video: Lap of Lime Rock... BMW of North ...
Lime Rock Park - #PWCLRP - Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/limerockpark/videos/pwclrp/10156195195504003/
1560223311728.jpg ▶ 14:42 May 26, 2018 Lime Rock Park was live.Lime Rock Park
limerock.com/blog?page=2
1560223311892.jpg ▶ 3:17Apr 11, 2017 - Uploaded by Adrian Bonvento
Mustang owners are encouranged to saddle up their pony and enjoy a ride in the park this Memorial Day ...
A Lap Around Lime Rock Park | IMSA.tv
https://imsatv.imsa.com/video/072018/lap-around-lime-rock-park
Jul 22, 2018 Take a lap around Lime Rock Park with Connor De Phillippi in the No. 25 BMW Team RLL BMW M8 GTE ...
2017 Lime Rock Park 120 - YouTube
▶ 2:15:09
Aug 1, 2017 - Uploaded by IMSA Official
Watch the full broadcast of the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge race from Lime Rock Park.
A Lap Around Lime Rock Park - YouTube
▶ 1:16
Jul 21, 2017 - Uploaded by IMSA Official
Take a lap around Lime Rock Park with Andrew Davis in the No. 57 Stevenson Motorsports Audi R8 LMS GT3 ...
A Lap Around Lime Rock Park - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aW9oJ8ZP78

▶ 1:14
Jul 21, 2018 - Uploaded by IMSA Official
Take a lap around Lime Rock Park with Connor De Phillippi in the No. 25 BMW Team RLL BMW M8 GTE ...
A Lap Around Lime Rock Park | IMSA.tv
https://imsatv.imsa.com/video/072016/lap-around-lime-rock-park
May 29, 2019 Take a lap around Lime Rock Park with Jan Magnussen in the No. 3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R.

Tombo, I go to car shows, drag racing, demolition derby at my tracks too...sometimes there are a lot more than just races, but races are mainly why we/my family go to the local to the tracks to watch.
Tombo, we all know how threads go:unsure:...Start at A go to Z o_Oand back again.:rolleyes: It happens All The Time...All Over.
I just figured I would bring it back to point A for Bones.(y) All is good, just getting back on topic here at Local Home Town Tracks.

We should have a local Car Show Thread too, your thread kind of covers that but you/someone could/should start one also maybe, now that summer his here the cars come out like mosquitos and the shows go on locally all over. There are so many around here, We have to figure out in what direction or town we feel like going to this week. It is nice to hit different ones and see different cars...not all the same stuff every week.
You could probably even pull in more trophies going to other towns...even if you did have to trailer the pink bug.
People will still point and give thumbs up and take pictures.

:LOL:Now with this post I went off point A and moved to point C=car shows again;) Now it needs to go to point A again.(y)

Last edited:

tombo

I cant find itt but somewhere here we were talkin bout real men drive pink cars.i just bought a marty robbins album actual vinyl album and it has his car he used to drive on lical tracks.he also drove in nascar too with the same paint scheme.its like a pink to purple looking color.