• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Texas - O’Reilly Auto Parts 500

oldfartracer

It looks like what they had before except that their posting a "No Parking" sign and forcing cars out on the track.

If they really want to entertain the fans, why don't they just paint some big circles in every infield and turn it into a three ring circus. :rolleyes:
It just continues to amaze me, one thing after another for seemingly years now, the total incompetency of the leadership team of a major corporation.

dandr

Click it and it takes you here. I opted to leave it up for 30 days so any links on google will follow it to here and not come back 404 (page not found).
Just a question, what's up with the disclaimer under the Thread title " Driver picks and other clucking about the upcoming race. Barnyard gets rowdy. Enter at your own risk!" AND a Parental Advisory ???? Never saw that before and wondered what's up. Should we be expecting a "different" kind of conversation here? We had been encouraging some "younger" new members on the Threads.

Last edited:

LUG NUTS RACING

It just continues to amaze me, one thing after another for seemingly years now, the total incompetency of the leadership team of a major corporation.
If they move Homestead to a different date the attendance will drop like a rock. Nobody's going to Homestead for a regular race. The track was built for Formula 1 and there is better viewing at other 1.5 mile tracks. The only real draw was the Championship. The reason they've been sold out for the last several years is because NASCAR went to "sweet 16/final four best finish Chase" instead of win on points. The last points championship at Homestead had Jimmie Johnson sandbagging in 9th place and winning the Championship on points. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! Nobody wants to see that crap. Not me! They can cancel my tickets and campsite if they move Homestead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kickin_Chicken

Just a question, what's up with the disclaimer under the Thread title " Driver picks and other clucking about the upcoming race. Barnyard gets rowdy. Enter at your own risk!" AND a Parental Advisory ???? Never saw that before and wondered what's up. Should we be expecting a "different" kind of conversation here? We had been encouraging some "younger" new members on the Threads.
Darren just made this page. I am sure it is all in fun and everything will stay clucking clean! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
KC

chrisjen

I go to both. The fall one is equally fun because everyone has TV's going with football both NFL & Colligiate. Not only that, but most of the time, the World Serious runs right through the Fall Race & you haven't experience Texas without sitting in a lawn chair watch the World Series on Big Hoss in Game 7 with the Cubs winning.

There are so many beautiful things about NASCAR & camping that you never hear about that should be promoted. The memories really are endless and it isn't all about NASCAR.....I think that is where NASCAR has failed the public. They have forgotten to sell the memories that come with camping for all ages. From kids taking card board boxes and racing them down the grassy hills, to men showing off their cooking skills and staying up late around a camp fire just shooting the breeze & striking up conversations with complete strangers that happen to stroll by your camper. There is a reason why NASCAR is unlike any other sport & that is because it takes days & that means camping. There was a reason why you traveled the distance to a track & camped out for days and it is because you couldn't see it on television. Wasn't all that long ago that we didnt have cable. We had 3 main channels and that was ABC, CBS & NBC.....they didnt show the races & if they did they blocked them out in surrounding areas. Even when cable came about & the introduction of FOX & ESPN, it was limited. If you wanted to see the legends of NASCAR racing on the Legendary Tracks.....you drove & camped. Those were the days when the stands were packed to capacity & some had crowds in excess of 200 thousand. Now cable has expanded to everything you can imagine and you can watch any sport you want on TV. Every game of NFL, MLB, NBA, Hockey & Golf ....and dont forget College....in Texas we even air High School foot ball games. With 300 million people in America and maybe 100 million only interested in sports, Cable has divided the pie into tiny little slivers. You can only cut up the pie so much. Every sport is hurting in the numbers with attendance. What isn't hurting is cable. Its easier and cheaper to stay home but you know what you are missing out on? Memories. I dont understand with all the airtime that NASCAR has why their marketing & advertising department hasn't worked harder on a better campaign to get people to come to the track & camp. Turn the TV off & bring your family & friends to the track and start making real memories in the real world. In marketing its called selling the sizzle but I always think of Field of Dreams.....build it and they will come. In this day and age, people are searching for something new to connect to, we have to get out of the house and reconnect to the world .......Just do it NASCAR.....build it and they will come

stepping down of my soap box sermon now, y'all have a good one :)
Pritzi I think this is a perfect post to describe the experience, the infield at Texas is as much fun as Talladega and Daytona you just don't here about it. My wife and I used to go to both Daytona, both Talladega, Atlanta when the economy was better and stayed in the infield at all of them and we did Texas one fall race in just about the same spot your in, we met more friends that weekend 1 of our neighbors was friends with the Goodyear people and got us a tire off of Montoya's car, we only can afford our 2 Talladega races now but we have friends in the infield we only see twice a year from all over the country and one of the infield groups has a poker run and other events to raise money for Christmas presents for underprivileged families, this is what our sport is truly about

ControlCar42

Pritzi I think this is a perfect post to describe the experience, the infield at Texas is as much fun as Talladega and Daytona you just don't here about it. My wife and I used to go to both Daytona, both Talladega, Atlanta when the economy was better and stayed in the infield at all of them and we did Texas one fall race in just about the same spot your in, we met more friends that weekend 1 of our neighbors was friends with the Goodyear people and got us a tire off of Montoya's car, we only can afford our 2 Talladega races now but we have friends in the infield we only see twice a year from all over the country and one of the infield groups has a poker run and other events to raise money for Christmas presents for underprivileged families, this is what our sport is truly about
Texas infield is so full of awesome Nascar stuff. I have saw multiple races there starting in 2001 and always stayed inside the track. Tht is where I met Pritzi too
Saw JR drive KB’s car
Guy back up a 50ft 5th wheel in the dark perfectly into a tight space
Dude gather a crowd to show off a gas trimmer blender for shots....the glass container broke and went straight thru his hand
Another Really tipsy guy drove some girls back to their car outside the track
Got stopped by police in TMS parking lot opened up his drvr door and the ‘clink clink’ of his gun fell on concrete
Taken to jail and missed Sunday’s race
There used to be a bid Budweiser tent/spaces in the infield. Blocked off with what Appeared to be highway concrete dividers. We discovered they were foam 5lbs instead of a thousand
Bet drunk guy $20 tht my friend couldn’t lift on up!
KB crashed during practice
We were front row seeing crew scavenging parts off the car and running back to pits to get back up car ready
Seeing the King