• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Texas - O’Reilly Auto Parts 500

Kickin_Chicken

Texas.jpg
The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series packs up from Martinsville and heads to the Lone Star State for the Texas Motor Speedway and the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500. Kyle Busch is last years winner of the spring race. Texas Motor Speedway is located in the northernmost portion of Fort Worth, Texas – the portion located in Denton County, Texas. The reconfigured track measures 1.44 miles (2.32 km) with banked 20° in turns 1 and 2 and banked 24° in turns 3 and 4. Texas Motor Speedway is a quad-oval design, where the front straightaway juts outward slightly. The track layout is similar to Atlanta Motor Speedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway. The track is owned by Speedway Motorsports, Inc., the same company that owns Atlanta and Charlotte Motor Speedways, as well as the short-track Bristol Motor Speedway.

las-vegas-speedway-track-layout-texas-motor-speedway-layout-impremedia-of-las-vegas-speedway-t...jpg

One of the coolest things about Texas is how they do Victory Lane.
Gotta love the flames around the race winner's name and of course you get to fire the six shooters!
gettyimages-496328972.jpg
Biff.jpg
(Hey it's the Biff, or as I called him Biffaroni! Thought I'd show ole Biffle sum love in victory lane). :ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)
So dust off your boots, don your cowboy/cowgirl hat and let's do the Texas Two Step!
(y):LOL::ROFLMAO:
KC

Last edited:

Kickin_Chicken

Big Hoss.jpg
One more nugget of info about TMS is their huge tv named BIG HOSS! TMS President and Promotor Eddie Gossage has gone above and beyond on this baby! Positioned in the middle of the backstretch perched above Burnout Alley, Big Hoss features 20,633.64 square feet of HD LED display that consists of 4.8 million pixels and 281 trillion colors. The state-of-the-art video board is the largest ever built by Panasonic and surpassed fellow Speedway Motorsports, Inc. facility Charlotte Motor Speedway (16,000 square feet) to claim the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest HD LED video board. The size of Big Hoss TV is 79 percent larger than the video board at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, which stands at 11,520 square feet.
KC

Pritzi

Staff member
Atta girl! It's your home race and I hope I did this page justice.
KC

You did great. I will be camping in the infield by Thursday afternoon. I will have limited access to the internet but I will try to step out here and say HI to everyone. Y'all will be better informed than I will be because of the broadcasting. Look for me on the scaffolding on Turn 3 & closer to 4. Im usually sitting down with my legs hanging over the edge with one of the bars between me for safety. I love sitting there through various practices & qualifying as they come off 3 to sling over 4 to the front. Then you look over your right shoulder to see info on big hoss. Most likely I will be wearing my nostalgic Hockey Jersey with Budweiser imbordered on front with Dale Jr. 8 on back. It is a hockey jersey styled that way, mostly white with a few black and red stripes. That was a great promo they ran. With hair in ponytail.

I'm so excited!!!!! My first race of the YEAR !!!!!

I have already started cooking & prepping for the race because I have to go back to the endodonist tomorrow for potentially another root canal :sick:
This nightmare will never end & suspect I will on meds most of Wednesday. Cooking up the Brisket, my famous Mac & Cheese ....getting the steaks ready & fajitas fixings & of course, my well known Texas "Hooch".....I'm in such good mood

Y'all look for me....I won't be out here much because of my mouth but I'll be thinking about y'all :)

Kickin_Chicken

You did great. I will be camping in the infield by Thursday afternoon. I will have limited access to the internet but I will try to step out here and say HI to everyone. Y'all will be better posted than I will be because of the broadcasting. Look for me on the scaffolding on Turn 3 & closer to 4. Im usually sitting down with my legs hanging over the edge with one of the bars between me for safety. I love sitting there through various practices & qualifying as they come off 3 to sling over 4 to the front. Then you look over your right shoulder to see info on big hoss. Most likely I will be wearing my nostalgic Hockey Jersey with Budweiser imbordered on front with Dale Jr. 8 on back. It is a hockey jersey styled that way, mostly white with a few black and red stripes. That was a great promo they ran. With hair in ponytail.

I have already started cooking & prepping for the race because I have to go back to the endodonist tomorrow for potentially another root canal :sick:
This nightmare will never end & suspect I will on meds most of Wednesday. Cooking up the Brisket, my famous Mac & Cheese ....getting the steaks ready & fajitas fixings & of course, my well know Texas "Hooch".....I'm in such good mood

Y'all look for me....I won't be out here much because of my mouth but I'll be thinking about y'all :)
Wish I could go. Have fun.
KC

LUG NUTS RACING

You did great. I will be camping in the infield by Thursday afternoon. I will have limited access to the internet but I will try to step out here and say HI to everyone. Y'all will be better informed than I will be because of the broadcasting. Look for me on the scaffolding on Turn 3 & closer to 4. Im usually sitting down with my legs hanging over the edge with one of the bars between me for safety. I love sitting there through various practices & qualifying as they come off 3 to sling over 4 to the front. Then you look over your right shoulder to see info on big hoss. Most likely I will be wearing my nostalgic Hockey Jersey with Budweiser imbordered on front with Dale Jr. 8 on back. It is a hockey jersey styled that way, mostly white with a few black and red stripes. That was a great promo they ran. With hair in ponytail.

This nightmare will never end & suspect I will on meds most of Wednesday. Cooking up the Brisket, my famous Mac & Cheese ....getting the steaks ready & fajitas fixings & of course, my well known Texas "Hooch".....I'm in such good mood

Have fun and be safe!

Kickin_Chicken

Do u go to both races or just the Spring one?
KC

Pritzi

Staff member
Do u go to both races or just the Spring one?
KC
I go to both. The fall one is equally fun because everyone has TV's going with football both NFL & Colligiate. Not only that, but most of the time, the World Serious runs right through the Fall Race & you haven't experience Texas without sitting in a lawn chair watch the World Series on Big Hoss in Game 7 with the Cubs winning.

There are so many beautiful things about NASCAR & camping that you never hear about that should be promoted. The memories really are endless and it isn't all about NASCAR.....I think that is where NASCAR has failed the public. They have forgotten to sell the memories that come with camping for all ages. From kids taking card board boxes and racing them down the grassy hills, to men showing off their cooking skills and staying up late around a camp fire just shooting the breeze & striking up conversations with complete strangers that happen to stroll by your camper. There is a reason why NASCAR is unlike any other sport & that is because it takes days & that means camping. There was a reason why you traveled the distance to a track & camped out for days and it is because you couldn't see it on television. Wasn't all that long ago that we didnt have cable. We had 3 main channels and that was ABC, CBS & NBC.....they didnt show the races & if they did they blocked them out in surrounding areas. Even when cable came about & the introduction of FOX & ESPN, it was limited. If you wanted to see the legends of NASCAR racing on the Legendary Tracks.....you drove & camped. Those were the days when the stands were packed to capacity & some had crowds in excess of 200 thousand. Now cable has expanded to everything you can imagine and you can watch any sport you want on TV. Every game of NFL, MLB, NBA, Hockey & Golf ....and dont forget College....in Texas we even air High School foot ball games. With 300 million people in America and maybe 100 million only interested in sports, Cable has divided the pie into tiny little slivers. You can only cut up the pie so much. Every sport is hurting in the numbers with attendance. What isn't hurting is cable. Its easier and cheaper to stay home but you know what you are missing out on? Memories. I dont understand with all the airtime that NASCAR has why their marketing & advertising department hasn't worked harder on a better campaign to get people to come to the track & camp. Turn the TV off & bring your family & friends to the track and start making real memories in the real world. In marketing its called selling the sizzle but I always think of Field of Dreams.....build it and they will come. In this day and age, people are searching for something new to connect to, we have to get out of the house and reconnect to the world .......Just do it NASCAR.....build it and they will come

stepping down of my soap box sermon now, y'all have a good one :)

NASCAR Geek

Administrator
Staff member
Ahem....welcome to Kickin' Chicken's place! I get the honor of first post in the new section. The final name will be up to him...I think. I've never met the Chicken himself and we've hardly ever even talked. I've probably heard more about KC than anyone else though. :p:rolleyes::LOL:

I do know that he is dedicated to his weekly race talk thread and it seems fitting to let him have his own space. It also lets me put his room kinda like the one I envision in my mind where you open the door and a big, burly guy is sitting on a stool. You lean in and ask him a question and he just points down the hall toward the door with the curtain covering it....

Thanks to Chicken and to all of you that have made this whole forum a place of much conversation.