• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Richmond Pick 3 Contest - Toyota Owners 400

Pritzi

Staff member
On to Richmond we go, race 9 of 36, for the Toyota Owners 400. Along this road trip we will pass Charlottesville , UVA, the home of last night winners of the 2019 NCAA College Basketball Champions. Even though they defeated Texas Tech, it was a outstanding game pushed into overtime. Congratulations to UVA who gets to write new history and joy on a place surrounded by unfortunate circumstances in 2017. Truly, what a wonderful way for a community to come together and heal & rejoice.

As for last week at Bristol, we had some ups & downs that will decide our random numbers for the Pick 3 Contest & Bonus at Richmond this week. So try to keep up as the numbers are revealed. At Bristol, Kyle Busch won and his brother Kurt came in 2nd. As for Harvick, he was hit with some misfortune from the beginning by starting on the pole in 13th place and finishing the race in 13th place.

The Random numbers to pick for drivers to finish in are 6th, 13th & 29th and the Bonus is worth 4 points but make sure to read the details so you won’t receive a pit penalty. If you cant post a video, you can just post the name of the song & I’m pretty sure someone else will post it for you. Pick the correct driver & receive 15 points. If correct isn't picked, closest without going over receives 5 points.

6th position was picked because it was in the fall race at Richmond in 2006 that a young Kevin Harvick won his first Richmond Cup by passing an equally as young Kyle Busch on the final lap.

13th position was picked in honor of Kevin’s 13st start & finish at Bristol last week but proved to be his win in the Spring of 2013 at Richmond. However, the fall race at Richmond in 2013 proved to unleash unlucky 13 power that surrounded NASCAR with controversy. It started the fallout of many drivers switching teams, unusual additions to the chase, loss of sponsors, deductions of points and a whole lot of drama. Won’t go into all the details here but feel free to talk about it. Dig deep into your NASCAR memories and you will recall the finishing 7 laps when Clint Bower made an intentional spin to get teammate Martin Truex into the Chase. What exactly was said on those radios??? No one know for sure. To this day, I think Truex got wronged. But it was the 2013 Richmond race too that pushed Truex to the #78 ,where he eventually won the Championship in 2017. It was Kurt Busch in the #78 that made the jump to SHR with Kevin Harvick after 2013. For extra coincidence, that infamous fall race at Richmond in 2013, Kurt Busch finish 2nd like he did last week at Bristol.

29th position was picked in honor of Kevin Harvick’s old number at RCR before he made it over SHR.

As for the bonus, we will honor Kevin Harvick’s #4 car by offering up 4 points to be earned this week on the road down to Richmond. We are going with music again this week because there are endless choices for everyone & they bring up good memories. It was because of the memories that one of your 3 songs will be worth 2 points. Between Marlar talking about CB’s & BLPV posting a kids song, the 2 point bonus song is to post a song you strongly remember from your childhood around 10 years or younger. Just make a little note of it being your childhood song & why & you will get 2 points. You may post 2 additional songs in separate posts along the way for another 2 points. All in all you can receive 4 points in total for the bonus.

Good luck to everyone & lets enjoy a few more tunes this week :)(y)

Point Standings going into Richmond:

Swervin Ervin….....................................(total 55)
Bones1738................................. (total 45)
Kickin Chicken…................. (total 30)
Sleestak………....................(total 30)
Ank Racing ...................(total 28 )
Wyland ……........... (total 25 )
Crashthe24 ....... ....(total 25 )
Tombo ................(total 22 )
Downfarce........ (total 22 )
CheckeredPast...(total 21 )

Team Caterpillar..... (total 20 )
Juneau4................. (total 20)
B & B Racing.... .....(total 20 )
Barbara (new)......(total 17)
Elusive Bobcat.......(total 15 )
Waco Warrior.......(total 15 )
BlackLundProV.......(total 15 )
Pritzi.....................(total 10 )
Intimidating Race...(total 10 )
Chrisjen........... (total 10)
ControlCar42 ....(total 10 )
Marlar..................,,,(total 10 )
ZL 1 Motorsports ....(total 10 )
Walker TX Ranger........(total 10)
Hardcore Racing L. .....(total 8)
Riff Raff..........................(total 7)
Jervin09 ........…..........(total 5 )
NASCAR Geek............(total 5)
Gonzo.........…............ (total 5 )
Scooby10672......... (total 2)
Motorhead55........ (total 2 )

Last edited:

swervin ervin

My lucky picks this week.

6th = # 6 Newman.... because he was lucky last week with a finish of 9th. Turn that 9 upside down and it becomes 6 :)

13th=#13 T. Dillon....because I was unlucky and did not pick him as my c driver for all of my teams in fantasy :(

29th = # 77 Quin Houff .... because 9-2=7 which is a lucky number and I need to double that 7 for a # of 77 because I will need extra luck for these picks to be right!!

Pritzi

Staff member
6th #10
13th #42
29th #18
"Got my mind sailed on you" george harrison
I didnt know what the song ment but it sure was an awesome video.in 1987 i was 8 years old.
"Touch of grey" greatful dead
Same as the other video...
"God bless the USA" lee greenwood
I grew up in a very patriotic family so this song was very popular with me since i was like 5....
Tombo, your two other songs have to be played down the road in separate posts....ok :)(y)

swervin ervin

Bonus.....
I remember going to Walt Disney world? the one in florida....as a child. Thats were we always went and my younger sister always wanted to go and ride the (its a small world) ride. One year I had to ride it 3 times in a row because she would not stop crying. Me and my brother thought about throwing her out of that boat! To this day I hate that song! but cant get it out of my head either.

........... caution!! 9 minutes :(

Pritzi

Staff member
My childhood song was Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog (Joy to the world) by 3 dog night. I was crazy about this song.
There was a cheap pizza joint in Dallas that everyone went to named Shot Gun Sams. Money was tight but times there were awesome. They had a little stage and on sunday night they would just make it open mic like karaoke. Anyway they would play music on the jukebox and you could sing along on the stage....

Great cheap pizza, pitchers of Root Beer and singing on the stage with big brother at Shot Gun Sams. I was only 5-7 and could barely reach the mic but I loved it.....good times

Pritzi

Staff member
Here were the penalties handed down to MWR.....eventually the company folded.... the events that unfolded were unreal
Clint still made the Chase....and they never could figure out what exactly was said on the radio and what those terms meant.....
There was no conclusive evidence.....this was just huge

And for added drama....remember Tony Stewart was out after the ankle injury .....crazy season

swervin ervin

My childhood song was Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog (Joy to the world) by 3 dog night. I was crazy about this song.
There was a cheap pizza joint in Dallas that everyone went to named Shot Gun Sams. Money was tight but times there were awesome. They had a little stage and on sunday night they would just make it open mic like karaoke. Anyway they would play music on the jukebox and you could sing along on the stage....

Great cheap pizza, pitchers of Root Beer and singing on the stage with big brother at Shot Gun Sams. I was only 5-7 and could barely reach the mic but I loved it.....good times

Got any videos of you singing at that age? That would be awesome to see

swervin ervin

Bonus.....
I remember going to Walt Disney world? the one in florida....as a child. Thats were we always went and my younger sister always wanted to go and ride the (its a small world) ride. One year I had to ride it 3 times in a row because she would not stop crying. Me and my brother thought about throwing her out of that boat! To this day I hate that song! but cant get it out of my head either.

........... caution!! 9 minutes :(
Can I unlike my own video and song!! I had to watch this again for some dumb reason to make sure it worked ok. What was I thinking!!

Kickin_Chicken

6th = Kurt Busch
13th = Truex Jr.
29th = LaJoie

My first choice for a childhood memory is more a tv theme song. I loved this show as a kid. When the theme came on, I got soo excited. Plus it was played during all the aerial battles. Sad to hear that Jan Michael Vincent who played Stringfellow Hawke passed away a few months ago. Fought a lifetime of alcohol abuse.
KC

ControlCar42

KC====>
The Houston Chronicle had an article next day that $27k of damage done to the Summit
I can not lie.....I was in the thick of the kaos on the floor
Pulled the old “ticket switch “ to get 8 of my friends on the floor......lights went out.....
25-30 long hairs rushed the stage
Wrestled out of a few security guards arms to get to front row (security had no idea what was about to happen)

Would of been arrested in this day and age!!