• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Pocono 400 Pick 3 Contest-Summer Segment

Pritzi

Staff member
Welcome to the Summer Segment. The Spring Segment Pick 3 is now in the books. Summer Segment Pick 3 will cover 13 races starting at Pocono and concluding at the 26th Race at Indianapolis. After that, we will start the Chase Segment consisting of 10 races. In addition to these 3 segments for people to win, a 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall winners (plus a few other unique winners) will be decided by all segment totals.

So here we are at Pocono, the tricky triangle. And everyone is reset back to zero for a fresh start of competition for Summer Segment of Pick 3 Contest. The random numbers picked this week for Pocono are 7th, 14th & 25th.

7th place was picked to hopefully send a little luck to #43 Bubba Wallace. 7 is suppose to be lucky & when you add 4 & 3 you get 7. Just like Truex won last week at Charlotte, Truex won last year at Pocono but Bubba came in last. So this one is for you Bubba. We are wishing you the best of luck this week at Pocono. (y):)

14th Place was picked because I want to get goofy with the numbers again for entertainment purposes. So here we go, Pocono is the 14th race of the year. Also, the banking goes up to 14 degrees in the turns. Also, I have always remembered Pocono to be a 500, as in 500 miles. However, Pocono is now a 400 & has been a 400 for, you guessed it, 14 races now. Also, to really reach for it, the most pole wins at Pocono is held by Ken Schrader (5) but when I think of Schrader, I think of his dirt racing & co-ownership in dirt tracks with Tony Stewart. And as all y’all know, Tony raced the #14. And wouldn’t you know it, Tony comes in 2nd behind Schrader for most Pole wins at Pocono with 4!!!! So, 14 it is !!!!!

25th Place was picked because the Pocono track is 2.5 mile Tri-Oval track. So we will take the decimal out & make it 25 for the 25th spot.

Remember to put your picks in before the drop of the flag. You are allowed to post your songs past the race up until the results are posted. For your picks, if you guess correctly you will receive 15 points. If no one guesses correctly, the closest without going over will receive 5 points.

BONUS
We also have a bonus this week worth 6 points. Pay close attention to the instructions :) & follow correctly for all the points. Going as we are racing at the Tricky Triangle, the theme this week for the bonus will be Geometry:ROFLMAO: .This is how it will go, you can get 1 point a song up to a total of 5 points. The song must include Title, Artist & excerpt of lyrics to include/point out the geometry shape. Don't worry, there are tons of songs out there with shapes in the lyrics.(Posting video is optional) Your 6th point comes from numbering your song posts. Just include this is "Song 1"...."Song 2" etc.

Also, You can only post one song at a time and you must wait for another person to post before you post your next song. The only thing we are doing different is that we are not playing off the previous person's post.....all you have to do is be creative & post songs that are related to the Tricky Triangle by singing about Geometry :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....just shapes.....have some fun & the more creative you can be, the better. Try to out do one another & find a song really out there.....

Tie breaker for 3rd place winner from Spring Segment:
Regarding the 3rd place winner from the Spring Segment, we have a 4 way tie between Marlar, Pritzi, Intimidating Racing & Chrisjen that needs to be decided at the Pocono race. The tie breaker contest will be to pick which driver will finish 1st in Stage 1 of the Pocono Race. First come, first serve on the drivers. No duplicates. If no on picks the winner, it will be the closest driver.

Good luck everyone & happy posting

Last edited:

tombo

Song #1
"And all i can do is keep on telling you
I want you
I need you
But thete aint no way im ever gonna love you
Now dont be sad
Cause Two out of three aint bad"
"2 out 3 aint bad"
Meatloaf
I always think of this song when drivers talk about driving around this track.
"where good in turn one and two but not so good in turn 3."

Last edited:

Pritzi

Staff member
Song #2

Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd
**** We dont need no education but that BRICK could be the most famous rectangle in all of Musical Geometry ....And dont forget about that famous triangle they have too ;):):LOL:****

Hey, teachers, leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

song#3
In the arms of an Angel - Sarah McLachlin (93 million views)

You're in the arms of the Angel
May you find some comfort here
So tired of the straight line
And everywhere you turn
There's vultures and thieves at your back
And the storm keeps on twisting
You keep on building the lies
That you make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference
Escaping one last time.

Pritzi

Staff member
Song #1
"And all i can do is keep on telling you
I want you
I need you
But thete aint no way im ever gonna love you
Now dont be sad
Cause Two out of three aint bad"
"2 out 3 aint bad"
Meatloaf
I always think of this song when drivers talk about driving around this track.
"where good in turn one and two but not so good in turn 3."

Actually that is great because there are plenty of numbers in geometry .....nicely done, Tombo ;)

Gonzo

Song 1
I guess you've heard about the Bermuda Triangle
There's something going on
Nobody seems to know just what it is
And the airforce won't let on
It might be a hole down in the ocean
Yeah or a fog that won't let go
It might be some crazy people talking
Or somebody that we ought to know
Down in Bermuda, the pale blue sea
Way down in the triangle, it's easy to believe
The Bermuda Triangle by Fleetwood Mac

song#4 -- i had this on a 45 record as a kid
Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln."
Have you heard this story of the Hot Rod Race
When Fords and Lincolns was settin' the pace.
That story is true, I'm here to say
I was drivin' that Model A.
It's got a Lincoln motor and it's really souped up.
That Model A Vitimix makes it look like a pup.
It's got eight cylinders; uses them all.
It's got overdrive, just won't stall.
With a 4-barrel carb and a dual exhaust,
With 4.11 gears you can really get lost.
It's got safety tubes, but I ain't scared.
The brakes are good, tires fair.