• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Pick 3 Contest- Martinsville 500

BlackLundProV

7th Johnson
14th Almirola
25th Byron

Remember the 2001 New Hampshire 300? Postponed from September due to the 9/11 Attacks. It was rescheduled to the week after the scheduled final race. Gordon, as in Robby Gordon, won the race by using the chrome horn on Jeff Gordon. Robby Gordon’s first win, first win for the #31, Gordon was the 5th 1st time winner that season (modern era record), he was also the 19th different winner (also a modern era record), Gordon also is the only driver to win after failing to qualify the previous week.

Bones1738

My picks are

7th place......#9 Chase Elliot
14th place......#6 Newman
25th place......#13 Ty Dillion

And my for my Bonus Its one of my all time favorites & loved the style in which he did it...But in honor of Martinsville....I'm going with Matt Kenseth taking Joey Logano out by purposely wrecking him during 1st race of the Eliminator Round in 2015 at Martinsville. It was EPIC. And just in case anyone has forgotten, Joey won all 3 races in the Contender Round. That was why I was so made at Joey. Joey had punched his ticket in Charlotte. So there was no reason to spin Kenseth at second race in kansas. And that whole fiasco at Talladega and NASCAR giving Joey the win was nuts. JMO...that was Jr.'s win

Anyway, Kenseth took out only on the first race of next round.....Joey had two more chance to make the cut. Kenseth I love your style & I can remember jumping up & down in my living room yelling with excitement

Bones1738

My picks are

7th place......#9 Chase Elliot
14th place......#6 Newman
25th place......#13 Ty Dillion

And my for my Bonus Its one of my all time favorites & loved the style in which he did it...But in honor of Martinsville....I'm going with Matt Kenseth taking Joey Logano out by purposely wrecking him during 1st race of the Eliminator Round in 2015 at Martinsville. It was EPIC. And just in case anyone has forgotten, Joey won all 3 races in the Contender Round. That was why I was so made at Joey. Joey had punched his ticket in Charlotte. So there was no reason to spin Kenseth at second race in kansas. And that whole fiasco at Talladega and NASCAR giving Joey the win was nuts. JMO...that was Jr.'s win

Anyway, Kenseth took out only on the first race of next round.....Joey had two more chance to make the cut. Kenseth I love your style & I can remember jumping up & down in my living room yelling with excitement

Being a Kenseth Fan I just loved it noticed profile pic :D

Pritzi

Staff member
Results for Martinsville:

We sure did have a lot of people score this week. The majority of the wins were by guessing correctly, only closest guess was for the 14th position. Doing the bonus for 3 points had an interesting effect on dividing the field . There were people who scored but didnt do the bonus & others who scored and did the bonus and moved ahead in other categories. Im not surprised, in the past, it always comes down to the bonus. The bonus is the best way to the separate field due to the scoring. And for those of you who did the bonus and have a total of 3 points (like me), keep your chin up. As you can see, it only takes a hit or two to rocket to the top

——The 7th position was won by #14 Clint Bowyer. I can’t believe he got that high considering he had 2 pit penalties, but him electing to stay out on final caution got him in the Top 10. The people who guessed Bowyer correctly are; Bones1738, SwervinErvin, Juneau4 & Tombo and they each receive 15 points.

——-The 14th position was won by #88 Alex Bowman. Who would have thunk it? Apparently, no one. So the closest to the 14th without going over goes Team Cat & Elusive Bobcat with #13 Ty Dillon and each of them will receive 5 points.

——-The 25th position was won by #17 Ricky Stenhouse. There was only one person that guessed correctly and that was B&B racing and will receive 15 points.

Congrats to all winners & big congrats to the new comers that scored too. Bones1738 was a newcomer last week & is now at the top. But remember, it only takes a hit or two to get to the top. How to read the scores are at bottom. I will be posting the contest for Texas soon.

Bones1738……………….. …......................................(15) 15…..0…..0… + 3 (Bonus)=18 (total 33 ponts)
Swervin Ervin………………….................................(10) 15……0……0+3 (Bonus)= 18 (total 28)
Sleestak……………………………...........,,,,,,,,(20) 0…..0….0 +3(Bonus) = 3 (total 23)

Crashthe24…………………. ..................(15) 0….0…0 …+3 (Bonus) =3 (total 18)
CheckeredPast……………................(15) ….0….0….0…+3 (Bonus) =3 (total 18)

Ank Racing …………………......................(15) …..0….0…0. ..XX=0 (total 15)
Juneau4…………………......................(0)….15…..0……0…..XX=15 (total 15)
Tombo…………… …….....................…..(0) 15…0……0…..XX = 15 (total 15)
B & B Racing……............................ (0)……0……0…….15…XX =15 (total 15)
Downfarce……………..........................……(15)…..0….0….0 + XX=0 (total 15)

Team Caterpillar......................(5) …..0….5…….0 ….+3 (Bonus)= 8 (total 13)

Kicken Chicken……................(5) ….0…0….0…+3 (Bonus) = 3 (total 8)
Elusive Bobcat……...............(0)…..0….5 …..0….+3 (Bonus)=8 (total 8)

ZL 1 Motorsports………..(5)…..0….0….0….XX =0 (total 5)

Pritzi…………...(0) ….0…..0…..0….+3 (Bonus) =3 (total 3)
Riff Raff…………… (0)..0…..0……0… +3 (Bonus)=3 (total 3)
Intimidating Race(0) 0……0……0…..+3 (Bonus) = 3 (total 3)
Chrisjen……………(0) 0…..0…..0…..+3 (Bonus)= 3 (total 3)
ControlCar42 …. (0)…0….0…..0 …. +3 (Bonus) = 3 (total 3)
Wyland …………(0) 0 ……0…….0 …..+3 (Bonus) =3 (total 3)
Waco Warrior………..(0) 0…..0……0…+3 (Bonus)=3 (total3)
Marlar……………….(0) 0…..0……0 +3 (Bonus) =3 (total 3)
Hardcore Racing L. ..(0) 0…..0…..0…+3 (Bonus) = 3 (total 3)
BlackLundProV…… (0) 0…..0…….0…+3 (Bonus) =3 (total 3)

Scooby10672.........(X)...0......0........0.....XX =0 (total 0)
NASCAR Geek.......(X)....0.....0........0.....XX = 0 (total 0)
ICE………………… (0) 0……0……..0….XX = 0 (total 0)
Gonzo……………..(0)…..0…..0…..0…XX = 0 (total 0)
LugNuts…………….(0)…..0……0……0….XX =0 (total 0)
Motorhead55………(0)…..0…….0……0…..XX =0 (total 0)
Oldfartracer…………(0)….0……0….0…..XX = 0 (total 0)
Pit Kickers…………(0) missed (total 0)
GCGuinnesshead…(0) missed (total 0)
Walker TX Ranger ..(0) missed (total 0)
jpmaloney75 ……… (0) missed (total 0)
HELLBILLYx88…. ….(0) missed (total 0)

How to read the scores. the number in the first parenthetical is the total amount of points you had coming into the Martinsville race. The 1st, 2nd & 3rd numbers represent your score for guessing positions 7, 14 & 25th position. The next number represents the bonus we had this week of 3 points followed with an equal sign to show the total amount of points you scored for the week. For those that didnt play the bonus, the scoring is the same except in the bonus area there is an XX. The final number in the parenthetical represents your total number of points you have earned to date.

We had a few people miss the contest which is a shame because most of them were new from last week.Maybe they didnt know this is a rolling contest. As for others who missed or have a zero, dont sweat it, it is easy enough to make up.

Thank you for everyone who played. If I made any mistakes please let me know & I will correct it. As we separate in points, I do a lot of cutting and pasting to show ranking. I check them several times make sure I got it all, but you never know.My eyes start going cross eyed with all the numbers. o_O:)

Last edited:

Pritzi

Staff member
Did I get any points for my picks for Martinsville race? Did not see my name on the standings list!!
I'm so sorry about that Scooby. I will correctly/edit my original post immediately . I had added you to my paper list but didnt log into my computer. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I do make mistakes. Dont think you made any points but thank you for playing & welcome to the board. Hope you play in this weeks Pick 3 for Texas