• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Pick 3 Contest- Martinsville 500

Pritzi

Staff member
7th-#9
14th-#13
25th-#34

Bonus..

I finally talked wife into letting me take my 6 year old to her first NASCAR race at TMS for Her birthday present ... 20+ years ago..

I'm about 6+ hours from the Track... I wanted to beat the Race traffic so We left at 3 AM Sunday morning.

Its about 5AM now and my cars Transmission just quite, I was able to coast into a rest stop just past Round Rock TX.

I call my Wife and woke up her and at that time my other 2 year old daughter..... Come and get us I said we are broke down...

Wife was not happy having to pack up a 2 year old for this 2 hour trip to rescue us :mad:..

My 6 year old Daughter was very upset because we were not going to make it to TMS for her first NASCAR race :cry:..

Wife finally got to us,and I had way to much time to think of a plan "B",:unsure: and it was already getting late in the morning..

We packed up into my Wife's car and I was driving ... I stopped at the first RENT a CAR place I saw...

Wife said.... what are you doing? We have no time to discuss..:censored: I'M dropping you two off...You and Keri are renting a Car to take home.

Me and Kyllie are Going to TMS in your car.. :p We still have time to make it before the green flag.:)

We did make it to the stands as the fly over went by.. It was a great race and My 6 year old daughter loved it.

Needless to say my Wife never let me take any of the Kids to another Race at TMS:ROFLMAO:.

Good memories and We all laugh about it now.

I've never heard this story before, Bob. Thanks for sharing. Thats hilarious & cute. Good for you for getting her to the race by the drop of the flag. Now, if only we can get Marie to go to the track, that would be great. I know you say it won't happen but make a deal with her. Tell her she got the pool...you want her to go to one race. Give it a thought. I'll set up the stuff & book all of it & you know it will be comfortable....any race....Daytona??? Another Bristol???.. your call :);)

Pritzi

Staff member
What's all this fun going on around here?! I need some. Count me in!

7th: Kurt Bush
14th: (our man this week) Clint Bowyer
25th: Ty DIllon

Yes you do . You do need some much deserved fun :) Glad you could join in. You should drop by here more often. We have a lot of fun out here. Also, I wanted to thank you for giving us the ability to post Youtube videos out here on the MB. It sure is a lot of fun to post clips here and there when we are talking about various incidents in NASCAR. We get into some really good NASCAR talks here & it helps with the videos....plus we also have a lot of laughs with other videos & songs....You have given us a really nice gift here. Thank you ;)

Pritzi

Staff member
I think my favorite story would be win I went to my very first plate race in 2004 at Talladega and got to see Dale Jr win I thought that was pretty cool!!
I saw him win there in the Spring of 2015 & never heard anything like it before. Jr. Nation at its loudest....exiting out every Jr. fan yelling & celebrating. Ive always wondered if there is a surge in Jr. Nation babies whenever he won....especially at Dega :unsure::rolleyes::LOL:

I saw him win there in the Spring of 2015 & never heard anything like it before. Jr. Nation at its loudest....exiting out every Jr. fan yelling & celebrating. Ive always wondered if there is a surge in Jr. Nation babies whenever he won....especially at Dega :unsure::rolleyes::LOL:
On the way back to our camp site we were within 5 feet of him on his way to the media center and I remember saying to him great win and he nodded his head and said thanks. Then it felt like he was the president from everyone being pushed back by security......lol... It was a cool experience.

chrisjen

I have to agree we stay in the infield and all the years we've been going there I've never seen so many people still there Monday morning when we got up, and I've never seen so many people partying Sunday night instead of packing up and leaving

Pritzi

Staff member
Ya'll can have your Jr. Nation moments. My all time favorite moment is my man Smoke winning the 2011 Championship in thrilling fashion. I was screaming, and jumping up and down. What a race! 3 wide at one moment. It was checkers or wreckers and he pulled it off.
KC

I will say 2011 was an amazing year for Tony. He was so disgusted with his team & the season he said they didnt deserve to make it to the chase. Not only did he make it to the Chase, he won 5 of 10 races o_Oo_O....What an amazing win for him. That year he didnt heat up in the historical summer, he waited till the fall ;)

Kickin_Chicken

I will say 2011 was an amazing year for Tony. He was so disgusted with his team & the season he said they didnt deserve to make it to the chase. Not only did he make it to the Chase, he won 5 of 10 races o_Oo_O....What an amazing win for him. That year he didnt heat up in the historical summer, he waited till the fall ;)
No one has ever won 5 out of 10. Smoke is the man!
KC

Pritzi

Staff member
I have to agree we stay in the infield and all the years we've been going there I've never seen so many people still there Monday morning when we got up, and I've never seen so many people partying Sunday night instead of packing up and leaving
I oh I bet a lot of babies were made that night:eek::p:ROFLMAO:
I cant remember if I was in the infield or on the back in the Alabama Gang....I've gone that many times. But I do know I have never heard anything like it before . The noise was so loud the rafters shook.....Talledega shook all night long....no telling how many Jr's & Juniorita's were made that night. That was my NASCAR joke.....I could hear it now, 20 years later Jr. Nation Mom & Dad's telling their sweet kids the night junior won Dega in 2015 .........that beautiful May night......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I cant remember if I was in the infield or on the back in the Alabama Gang....I've gone that many times. But I do know I have never heard anything like it before . The noise was so loud the rafters shook.....Talledega shook all night long....no telling how many Jr's & Juniorita's were made that night. That was my NASCAR joke.....I could hear it know, 20 years later Jr. Nation Mom & Dad's telling their sweet kids the night junior won Dega in 2015 .........that beautiful May night......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah Dale Jr had a great car that day and we celebrated......lol..... When we left the infield it was around 11am their time and alot of people still there looking rough. One guy was sleeping on the picnic table they brought. His cooler was right next to him so all was goodo_Oo_O