• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Pick 3 Contest- Martinsville 500

Pritzi

Staff member
Ok ok ok
Wyland ‘s 1st choice is when 23car (dr. Pepper sponsored) lost his battery at Bristol
Battery slid down the track, got hung up on another car, lifting front wheels off ground, affected car caused crash
I couldn’t find it
So (for real) this was his 2nd choice

He called 2car The Cheater Car rest of the season
Well you know how I feel about Brad and those modifications....those flared skirts. Brad stole Larsons first win from him in Chicago on that blur of 2 & 4's and flared skirt. I finally caught up to them and Wolfe was fined & missed a few races. I've always thought of Brad with those skirts but when he took that win from Larson I lost & will never forget....the numbers up front were crazy...2, 4, 24, 42....LOL....who could keep up

He took that race from Larson by cheating....but her is part of it

Pritzi

Staff member
Ok ok ok
Wyland ‘s 1st choice is when 23car (dr. Pepper sponsored) lost his battery at Bristol
Battery slid down the track, got hung up on another car, lifting front wheels off ground, affected car caused crash
I couldn’t find it
So (for real) this was his 2nd choice

He called 2car The Cheater Car rest of the season

Not sure which race you are speaking of but there was a race where Tommy Hill (?) radioed in about power and team is asking about battery being dead and he said "No, it is gone" they questioned again....and he was like No...my battery is gone its gone from the dash....the radio exchange was brilliant and I think it came about as result of hitting the debris from one of the Dillion boys & there was another driver having equally bizarre stuff happen coming into the garage. Cant remember what race it was for sure or if there is even a video, I'll try to find it, but thats the one I recall

I had it wrong. Hill lost the battery on track and Ty Dillion ran over it & exploded in flames....but it was Timmy Hill . Is this the one you are talking about. Hard to find the video because the coverage is about Ty but it was Timmy who lost the battery

Last edited:
7th- #1
14th- #13
25th-#38

BONUS .......... MY FIRST NASCAR RACE

1997?98? Texas Motor Speedway's Inaugural NASCAR race.. It rained to biblical proportions that weekend my friends.... infield was flooded ...water drainage was not good...

I think half of the field was taken out on turn one first lap! .. including my MAN #3 Dale Earnhardt SR.

STILL .....Good times were still had by all.

ControlCar42

OMG
I thought I was going crazy
Knew track was Bristol (day race)
Caution happened early
Watched beginning of 5 races
Searched for 45mins
FOUND IT

Bowman in 23car
P Kilgerman in 30car

Go to 27min in vid
All announcers have no idea what happened
The investigation goes on for 5+mins
I’m dead phone dead
Enjoy

Last edited:
7th-#9
14th-#13
25th-#34

Bonus..

I finally talked wife into letting me take my 6 year old to her first NASCAR race at TMS for Her birthday present ... 20+ years ago..

I'm about 6+ hours from the Track... I wanted to beat the Race traffic so We left at 3 AM Sunday morning.

Its about 5AM now and my cars Transmission just quite, I was able to coast into a rest stop just past Round Rock TX.

I call my Wife and woke up her and at that time my other 2 year old daughter..... Come and get us I said we are broke down...

Wife was not happy having to pack up a 2 year old for this 2 hour trip to rescue us :mad:..

My 6 year old Daughter was very upset because we were not going to make it to TMS for her first NASCAR race :cry:..

Wife finally got to us,and I had way to much time to think of a plan "B",:unsure: and it was already getting late in the morning..

We packed up into my Wife's car and I was driving ... I stopped at the first RENT a CAR place I saw...

Wife said.... what are you doing? We have no time to discuss..:censored: I'M dropping you two off...You and Keri are renting a Car to take home.

Me and Kyllie are Going to TMS in your car.. :p We still have time to make it before the green flag.:)

We did make it to the stands as the fly over went by.. It was a great race and My 6 year old daughter loved it.

Needless to say my Wife never let me take any of the Kids to another Race at TMS:ROFLMAO:.

Good memories and We all laugh about it now.

Last edited:

DawsonBullDawg

April 9, 2016, at Texas MotorSpeedway, where I was able to meet up with 9 different Yahoo Fantasy players at a rental house in Keller, Texas earlier in the week...on race day it was misty cloudy drizzly kind of day & everyone was debating on when to leave for the track & even if the race was going to be held because of the weather...start of race was scheduled for 3:45...well, after checking weather radar & forecasts, the majority of us headed to the track, radar was clear, but still misty cloudy drizzly kind of day...so we get to our seats & get situated & During the national anthem the skies opened up & it rained, not for a bit, but for 2 hours...finally getting dryers on the track after the rain & getting it pretty dry after a couple more hours, there was another delay...the dreaded weepers...so after another 2 hour delay, the race started at 9:35pm & did not end until almost 2:00 in the morning...needless to say I ran out of the 18 beers I took in & have no idea who won...lol...Does that night ring a bell Checkered Past???...

Race Picks:
7th---Aric Almirola
14th---Jimmie Johnson
25th---David Ragan

ControlCar42

Riff Raff/Waco/Bobcat/Tm Cat
I feel privileged to say I remember each one of your bonuses answers when I saw each one at TMS!!
(Fight was the best)

Pretty much 3yrs ago in infield when Pritzi and I talked our eyes out about Nascar all weekend. And now I’m here with y’all!!!!!

Good bonus P! Lots of good topics!!

Pritzi

Staff member
My picks are

7th place......#9 Chase Elliot
14th place......#6 Newman
25th place......#13 Ty Dillion

And my for my Bonus Its one of my all time favorites & loved the style in which he did it...But in honor of Martinsville....I'm going with Matt Kenseth taking Joey Logano out by purposely wrecking him during 1st race of the Eliminator Round in 2015 at Martinsville. It was EPIC. And just in case anyone has forgotten, Joey won all 3 races in the Contender Round. That was why I was so made at Joey. Joey had punched his ticket in Charlotte. So there was no reason to spin Kenseth at second race in kansas. And that whole fiasco at Talladega and NASCAR giving Joey the win was nuts. JMO...that was Jr.'s win

Anyway, Kenseth took out only on the first race of next round.....Joey had two more chance to make the cut. Kenseth I love your style & I can remember jumping up & down in my living room yelling with excitement

Pritzi

Staff member
Riff Raff/Waco/Bobcat/Tm Cat
I feel privileged to say I remember each one of your bonuses answers when I saw each one at TMS!!
(Fight was the best)

Pretty much 3yrs ago in infield when Pritzi and I talked our eyes out about Nascar all weekend. And now I’m here with y’all!!!!!

Good bonus P! Lots of good topics!!

I remember that night well Steven. A whole gang of us were there...many from fantasy & You & Dwayne a few over. You just loved how the fantasy gang was talking so much NASCAR & wondered how we remembered it all...and I said because we play fantasy & every point counts & we know who wrecked who. You said you could talk NASCAR all night long and we stayed up pretty much all night talking. I'm so glad I met you & got you to come play Fantasy ....I think this is a great place for you & I just love that you have Wyland out here too. Good memories :giggle: