• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Pick 3 Contest- Martinsville 500

Pritzi

Staff member
I needed to repost the thread for the Martinsville Pick 3 contest I will attach entries already made by others from original thread. And there might be multiples on one post at a time. Sorry about the confusion and thanks to all who are playing & good luck. Don't forget to your bonus in for free points :)

On to Martinsville we go for some short track racing. Everyone loves short track racing. Martinsville 2018 was an usual weekend. The race was postponed until Monday because of weather. Not for rain but because of snow. I’m thinking it might have been a first. But the snow was topped by Clint Bowyer breaking his 190 races winless streak. He had not won a race since Charlotte 2012. It was huge and I was so happy for him. It was the feel good race of the year. Remember how excited Bowyer was and he started running down the track to his son Cash? That was a great NASCAR moment to see Clint running to Cash and picking him up.

Anyway, going has Clint Bowyer didnt do any of us favors who picked him for Fontana by finishing last, I thought I’d honor him here with his numbers in hopes of sending him a little luck. My 3 random numbers this week will be 7th place (thats where Bowyer finished in 2017), 14th place (#14 Bowyer won in 2018 so we will honor his number) and 25th place (thats where Bowyer finished in 2016)

So, the 3 random numbers for Martinsville are who will finish in the 7th, 14th & 25th place

Also, its time for a bonus that can get everyone on the board with some guaranteed points. Going as Martinsville 2018 was postponed because of snow, the bonus is to mention a memorable race to you that was either postponed, delayed, brought the flag out, a fight or some other funny/unusual incident that happened at the race. Write the race & the incident and you will receive 3 points. The one stipulation is, it can not be a repeat of another persons post. If you write the same bonus as someone else, you will only receive 1 point. So read quickly through the posts and see if anyone has told the story you are going to post. There shouldn’t be any repeats anyway, we have countless crazy things happen in NASCAR all the time.

Standings in points before Martinsville:

Sleestak…………………………………………(20)
Downfarce………………………………(15)
Crashthe24…………………. …………(15)
CheckeredPast…………………………(15)
Bones1738………………….. …………(15)
Ank Racing …………………………….(15)
Swervin Ervin…………………..(10)
Team Caterpillar………….(5)
Kicken Chicken………….(5)
ZL 1 Motorsports………..(5)
Walker TX Ranger ..(0)
Elusive Bobcat……..(0)
Pritzi…………………(0)
Oldfartracer…………(0)
GCGuinnesshead…(0)
Juneau4……………(0)
LugNuts…………….(0)
Motorhead55………(0)
Tombo…………… (0)
Intimidating Racing(0)
Gonzo……………..(0)
Chrisjen……………(0)
ControlCar42 …. ….(0)
Wyland ………… ….(0)
jpmaloney75 ……… (0)
Marlar………………. (0)
HELLBILLYx88…. ….(0)
B & B Racing…….. (0)
Hardcore Racing L. (0)
BlackLundProV…… (0)
ICE………………… (0)
Riff Raff…………… (0)
RLRacing………… (0)
Pit Kickers…………(0)
Waco Warrior…….(0)

Last edited:

Pritzi

Staff member
I'll take the 2018 Brickyard Pritzi for my bonus.
The xfinity race and the Cup race got washed out so they ran a doubleheader on monday sept. 10th 2018 with keselowski winning.
Not much work got done on that monday for nascar fans.

picks for martinsville...
7th #10 almirola
14th #9 elliot
25th #8 hemeric
Yesterday, Wednesday at 11;26 am

Pritzi

Staff member
Bristol, August 2016, night race was stopped in the middle, then resumed Sunday afternoon. Harvick won, ... Tony Stewart joined him in synchronized burnout celebration. Plus, that was my 1st Bristol race and was right in front of the start- finish line.

7th - #9, Chase Elliott
14th - # 20, That Jones boy
25th - # 34, McDowell
By Marlar on Wednesday at 11;08 am

7th= Bowyer
14th= Newman
25th= T. Dillon

BONUS.....Would have to be a race I actually went to. The truck race at Gateway raceway over by St.Louis across the river here in Madison IL. June 26 2016
The infamous fight between gallagher and towley after they took each other out on the track with only like 7 laps left...i think. After like 12 minutes of that , I was happy in knowing i got my money worth....lol
By Swervin Ervin on Wednesday at 11;40 am

Since it's only a half mile around the track I'm going with.......

7th....... Stevie
14th..... Ray
25th..... Helen
Blind Picks, literally, by Lug Nuts at Wednesday at 2:12pm

7th-14 Bowyer
14th-48 Johnson
25-38 Ragan

Mine would be at the Richmond Race September 6, 2014 , man climbed the safety fence late in the race bringing out a late caution. Brad end up winning . It happen right in front us ,was looking for the picture I took hopefully I can find it 1086
Made by Bones1738 on Wednesday at 5:08 pm

Pritzi

Staff member
7th....... 48 JJ.
14th..... 6 Newman
25th..... 95 McDowell
By Downfarce Wednesday at 6:09 pm

Dayum,I'm tied for 5th and missed the 1st race? I could get to like this. lol
I would love to answer the question in full but I am uncertain whether this most memorable moment is all time,or only @ Martinsville.
So
7th-48
14th-41
25th-77
By Checker Past (AKA Richard M who always flies Stealth ;)) on Wednesday at 6;45 pm

Ok so my crazy moment has to be Juan Pablow Montoya smashing (oh yeah) the jet dryer @ Smashtona and causing a super long 500.
Anyways, here's my picks:
7th - Truex 19
14th - 9 Elliott
25th - Ragan 38
KC
By Kicken Chicken on Wednesday at 6:46 pm

Ok,my most memorable and favorite race ever was when I visited my little sister living in S.C in the spring of 2003. I took her to her 1st ever race on March 16th @ Darlington. Coming off turn 4 the #32 Tide Pontiac of Ricky Craven and Kurt Bushs #97 Rousch Ford we’re side by side. They beat and banged the mortal crap out of each other all the way down the back stretch to the finish line. It was epic.
Craven would win leading only that 1 lap on his way to his 2nd and last Cup victory. His only other win came in October of 2001 when he won @ Martinsville.
By Checkered Past on Wednesday at 7:50 pm

Picks to come later, but for now my weather related BONUS story.

Back in '92, my softball team qualified for a regional tournament being held in South Carolina ( I lived in Maryland). This was a BIG tournament so it was held on labor day weekend (3 day weekend) Well, our team got knocked out of the tournament on Saturday evening. I had more weekend left ahead of me with no work on Monday so what did I do? Went to the Southern 500! My riding partner and I scored scalped tickets (paid 40 bucks each for 50 buck face value). We were about 15 rows up right in front of the #1 pit stall.

Long story short, the race was rain shortened and good old DW, having done a rain dance in the pits, was declared the winner. It was his last cup win.
By Sleestak on Wednesday at 7:52 pm

I have a new ‘strategery’ here

7p. 4car
14p. 6car
25p 8car

Sufferin Sucatash!

I’m at trivia....Wyland asleep
Get his pick3(and race picks) Thursday
By ControlCar42 on Wednesday at 9:28 pm

Pritzi

Staff member
7th #14
14th #48
25th #18
P.S. i am taking this serious.
By Tombo on Wednesday at 10;24 pm

Jayzeus... Its like being married again!!:p:eek::ROFLMAO:

7th- #9 (The King-The race Legend)
14th- #21(The Professor- The other race Legend)
25th- #32 (Brute Force- and yes...another race legend)

I'm running what I brung!

ICE
by ICE on Thursday at 1;25 am

Absolutely, in years past when someone is in the win zone, I let them pick which prize they want. If I dont have what you can use, I will get you what you want. :)
First, JPM and the jet dryer is an all-time classic we will never forget. If you get in the winning zone, I will get you what you want. I know a few years ago, I did like an American Express gift card to use anywhere. I have an Outback right around the corner and go all the time with my Dad.....especially with Harvick & the blooming onions on Monday. I can keep those cards and flush them out to other winners in a different sort of gift card :)
Thanks for posting because it made me realize I have to read another post to decipher meaning out here....I would have never figured it out ;)
I dont know if that got them all by including responses to original posts.... but it should all be in now but I will screen shot the thread to make sure even more I didnt make any mistakes. If there is any error I have made, please let me know & I will resolve it quickly

Pritzi

Staff member
Thanks for posting because it made me realize I have to read another post to decipher meaning out here....I would have never figured it out ;)
Don't suppose if I win I could get something from Hardees ? Outback and Jimmy John's just don't exist in the North country ;)
Thanks for doing the contest, I know it takes time and it is all in fun. Thank you again.
A good shot of Brandy was my mothers remedy for pain. ;)
answer is in above post & the answer is yes....will get you whatever you want

Yeah no Outbacks here either unless I head to the STL. We have an Applebees.
KC
answer in above post

At least you have Harvick sponsored eats. Outback, Jimmy Johns, if only you could get Hunt Brothers Pizza and Buschhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on board ;););););):love:(y):unsure:
Oh yeah and I would wash it all down with a nice pint of Mobil 1! Mmmmmmm oily...….
KC
I you place, I will try to get you a Hunt Brothers Pizza

Pritzi

Staff member
Hi Pritzi I’m Wyland for your game
7’th is Austin Dillion,
for 14’th #4,
for 25’th I’m going for Ryan preece

Hi Sweetie, Wyland, I'm glad you got your picks in. Are you going to do the bonus of a NASCAR story for 3 points? It can be any race you want or some good memory you and your Dad have had watching or going to a race. Or a little info on your favorite driver. I'll bend the rules a little just for you :);).....its worth 3 points for you

Kickin_Chicken

Hi Sweetie, Wyland, I'm glad you got your picks in. Are you going to do the bonus of a NASCAR story for 3 points? It can be any race you want or some good memory you and your Dad have had watching or going to a race. Or a little info on your favorite driver. I'll bend the rules a little just for you :);).....its worth 3 points for you
You don't call me sweetie! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
KC

ControlCar42

Ok ok ok
Wyland ‘s 1st choice is when 23car (dr. Pepper sponsored) lost his battery at Bristol
Battery slid down the track, got hung up on another car, lifting front wheels off ground, affected car caused crash
I couldn’t find it
So (for real) this was his 2nd choice

He called 2car The Cheater Car rest of the season

Last edited: