• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Nicknames

Have you ever wondered why certain people use certain nicknames or even log in names on the board here or even how drivers get their nicknames?
This is the thread for that conversation. Something to do till the real 600 anyway.

First my name....Swervin Ervin. I started following Ernie Irvan mostly after he got in the 28 car after Davey Allison died. I did notice alittle in the kodak 4 car but its his last name.
I know its spelled different than mine but it was close enough for me. 😉
This is why i go by this name but i did like Jeff Gordon better.

Those here on the forum. Whats your story?
Pritzi-her dogs name if i remember right?
Intimidating racing(IR)... Still sleeps with his Dale Sr. night light...LOL. ? (Sorry IR just a Gordon fan poking at ya) 😉

Crash the 24? Come on man! You need to change this. Lol

Lugnuts; obvious i guess. Thats a good one.

Kickin chicken I need a story. The only thing i can think off is Stroker Ace movie ?

Control car likes Rc cars maybe?

Many more to mention but I think yall get my idea.

Have you ever wondered why certain people use certain nicknames or even log in names on the board here or even how drivers get their nicknames?
This is the thread for that conversation. Something to do till the real 600 anyway.

First my name....Swervin Ervin. I started following Ernie Irvan mostly after he got in the 28 car after Davey Allison died. I did notice alittle in the kodak 4 car but its his last name.
I know its spelled different than mine but it was close enough for me. 😉
This is why i go by this name but i did like Jeff Gordon better.

Those here on the forum. Whats your story?
Pritzi-her dogs name if i remember right?
Intimidating racing(IR)... Still sleeps with his Dale Sr. night light...LOL. ? (Sorry IR just a Gordon fan poking at ya) 😉

Crash the 24? Come on man! You need to change this. Lol

Lugnuts; obvious i guess. Thats a good one.

Kickin chicken I need a story. The only thing i can think off is Stroker Ace movie ?

Control car likes Rc cars maybe?

Many more to mention but I think yall get my idea.
Hey, How did you know about my Dale Earnhardt Night Light Swerving Ervin???:unsure::LOL:
Well Dale Earnhardt was and still is my Driver in NASCAR, ALWAYS WILL BE!;)
Dale Earnhardt had many nick names...:unsure:and I am sure you can not even mention the one's made up by his Haters!:mad:
He was "The INTIMIDATOR", so when I started playing Fantasy Racing All those Years Ago(seems like forever now) I had to come up with a player name and what could be better for me than..."INTIMIDATING RACING":cool:
I toast you Swervin Ervin for starting this Thread...Now lift up that glass of Milk!(y)(y)(y)
1558028748472.png 1558028942468.png 1558028978769.png

Last edited:
Now I want to ask about Tony Stewart. Smoke. I thought he had another nickname also. Not sure what?
I tried looking this up and Only found a guy who gives names out to drivers like Lug Nuts doeso_O...I do not think they are real.;)funny yes.
Here is how Tony said he got his nick name:
May be...:unsure:
Tony Stewart told NASCAR.com of his nickname: "I wasn't very good about not slipping the right-rear tire, initially. So it started as 'Smoker,' then it got shortened to 'Smoke.' Then when I got in the Indy Racing League it was 'Smoke' because one of the guys on the crew who was my roommate, and knew the nickname, carried it over to the IndyCar team. But then when I started blowing engines, 'Smoke' really stuck. I've had it ever since."

During his NASCAR career, Tony Stewart once was told by Joe Gibbs he could no longer compete outside of his racecar. So one time Stewart entered a USAC National Midget race under the pseudonym "Smokey Jones" with the crowd at the track none the wiser. After winning the feature, "Smokey Jones" got out of his car and revealed himself to the crowd as Tony Stewart. He also entered himself in a race once racing the infamous "Munchkin" midget chassis as "Mikey Fedorchek Jr." after buying the Munchkin one night during a card game from Mikey Fedorchek.
  • lets just say it also has something to do with the word "Head"
  • Tony used to be known for burning the tires all the way down the front stretch after a victory, and people just started calling him Smoke, and the nickname stuck.
  • Stewart earned the nickname of Smoke, first for slipping the right rear tire during dirt races, and for blowing his engine often during his '97 championship run.
  • Most NASCAR fans and analysts today refer to Stewart by his nickname.

I tried looking this up and Only found a guy who gives names out to drivers like Lug Nuts doeso_O...I do not think they are real.;)funny yes.
Here is how Tony said he got his nick name:
May be...:unsure:
Tony Stewart told NASCAR.com of his nickname: "I wasn't very good about not slipping the right-rear tire, initially. So it started as 'Smoker,' then it got shortened to 'Smoke.' Then when I got in the Indy Racing League it was 'Smoke' because one of the guys on the crew who was my roommate, and knew the nickname, carried it over to the IndyCar team. But then when I started blowing engines, 'Smoke' really stuck. I've had it ever since."

During his NASCAR career, Tony Stewart once was told by Joe Gibbs he could no longer compete outside of his racecar. So one time Stewart entered a USAC National Midget race under the pseudonym "Smokey Jones" with the crowd at the track none the wiser. After winning the feature, "Smokey Jones" got out of his car and revealed himself to the crowd as Tony Stewart. He also entered himself in a race once racing the infamous "Munchkin" midget chassis as "Mikey Fedorchek Jr." after buying the Munchkin one night during a card game from Mikey Fedorchek.
  • lets just say it also has something to do with the word "Head"
  • Tony used to be known for burning the tires all the way down the front stretch after a victory, and people just started calling him Smoke, and the nickname stuck.
  • Stewart earned the nickname of Smoke, first for slipping the right rear tire during dirt races, and for blowing his engine often during his '97 championship run.
  • Most NASCAR fans and analysts today refer to Stewart by his nickname.
I was thinking of the Rushville Rocket then I found this.
According to a USA Today interview, Stewart was raised in Columbus, but moved to Rushville, which is where he “made his name.”

Hey IR.....Have you heard of this guy. Im sure you have. When I was still driving over the road, I was always listening to trading paint. I believe he was the jackman or something,right?
Danny "Chocolate" Myers ...
SiriusXM NASCAR Radio
to

Danny "Chocolate" Myers signs autographs
Occupation
NASCAR personality

Danny "Chocolate" Myers (born October 17, 1948 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina) is an American stock car racing personality. A long-time staffer for Richard Childress Racing, he was the fueler on six of the team's NASCAR championships (Dale Earnhardt Sr., 1986–87, 1990–91, 1993–94) and is the current curator of the team's museum. He is a radio host on Sirius Satellite Radio.
Chocolate Myers worked as the fueler for Richard Childress Racing's No. 3 and later No. 29 team from 1976 until 2002.[1] He was part of the "Flying Aces" crew that was named the NASCAR pit crew of the year from 1985 until 1988.[1] During the 20 years as an over-the-wall crew member, Chocolate and team owner Richard Childress visited victory lane 84 times, including the 1998 Daytona 500 win with driver Dale Earnhardt, Sr. Chocolate began his own "big time" racing career in 1968. That was the year he and Childress went to the Daytona 500 together the first time.

Earnhardt died in the 2001 Daytona 500 and the images of Myers' emotional outburst three weeks later as the team scored its first win with new driver Kevin Harvick are regarded today as one of NASCAR's most emotional wins. Myers retired at the end of 2002; during the season he was part of the crew that was swapped from servicing Kevin Harvick to Robby Gordon's car.[1]

One of the highlights of Chocolate's career was racing in Japan with his friends Richard Childress and Dale Earnhardt, Sr. in 1996. He also went to sign autographs for the troops in the War in Iraq.

Myers is also on the Racers Speaking Circuit
Myers also co-hosts a radio show, Tradin' Paint, on Sirius Satellite Radio.
Chocolate Myers has done color-commentating on ESPN2, appeared in countless television commercials, and acted in movies, including the "Smokey and the Bandit" series.[1] He has also appeared on several episodes of QVC.

He was inducted into the Legends of NASCAR Hall of Fame in 2006.
Chocolate Myers and his wife Caron are featured in a chapter of Peter Golenbock's book "The Last Lap".

Ok pit crew included.......How did he get the name chocolate? 😒
Danny "Chocolate" Myers​

Webster’s Dictionary defines the word excellence in this manner - the quality of being excellent; state of possessing good qualities in an eminent degree; exalted merit; superiority in virtue.

Over the last 35 years, Richard Childress Racing has defined the word excellence. Six NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Championships, two Busch Series titles along with a Truck Series crown is proof positive that RCR will accept nothing short of the best.

But what sets RCR apart from the others? What has propelled Childress’ teams to succeed? The answer is simple. People.

The Richard Childress Racing Network sat down with Danny "Chocolate" Myers to talk about his years with RCR, to share stories and memories about Dale Earnhardt, and to explain how exactly he got the nickname.

RCRN: Where did you get the name Chocolate?

DM: "I was 10 years old and I played on the Tiny Greyhound little league football team in Winston-Salem, NC. I stayed outside and had a dark complexion. One day, the coach yelled, "Catch the ball, Chocolate Drop." From that day forward I have been know as Chocolate."

RCRN: What is your biggest accomplishment since you have been at RCR?

DM: "My biggest accomplishment is being a part of this team. I don't have any personal accomplishments. The accomplishments here at Richard Childress Racing have not been because of me or anyone else. It has been because of this race team. I tell people the reason we have been so successful over the years is because we started as a smaller team. Things have changed and we realize that, but for a long time we had a core group of guys. We didn't just like each other, we loved each other. We knew when each other's wives were having a bad day. We knew when each of us was having a birthday. Proportionally, racing has gotten bigger and bigger and we have gotten away from that.

As a team, the biggest accomplishments are winning six Cup championships, a couple Busch championships and a championship in the trucks, but being a part of a championship organization is my biggest accomplishment."

RCRN: What are some of your best memories of Richard Childress?

DM: "Richard and I go back to the early days at Bowman-Gray Stadium (race track), before I actually worked here. We go back 36 or 37 years. The fact that Richard has been able to do what he has done and the success he has had is just amazing. I don't think that anyone else I know could have done it. He has been the guy who has made it happen. It really gives me a lot of pride today when people ask, "What does Richard have to do with this place anymore?" I like to tell them that he is in that office working right now and so is Judy (Childress) and they still put 100 percent into this place. Going back to accomplishments, the man is a success."

I loved them rambo movies. I think they made one too many though.
Tombo I got to say im sorry. I was thinking you were a girl and the name was short for tom boy. LOL
Sorry man😯
tombo:unsure:A Tough Girlo_O:mad:

First blood was best of the Rambo movies, the sheriff was born in the same town as me and lived in some same towns

Brian Dennehy Biography
Born: July 9, 1938 in Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA Birth Name; Brian Manion Dennehy Height 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Mini Bio (1)
Imposing, barrel-chested and now silver-haired Brian Dennehy is a prolific US actor, well respected on both screen and stage for the best part of 25 years. He was born in July 1938 in Bridgeport, CT, and attended Columbia University in New York City on a football scholarship. He majored in history, before moving on to Yale to study dramatic arts. He first appeared in minor screen roles in such fare as Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Semi-Tough (1977) and Foul Play (1978) and proved popular with casting directors, leading to regular work. However, he really got himself noticed by movie audiences in the box-office hit First Blood (1982) as the bigoted sheriff determined to run Vietnam veteran "John Rambo" (played by Sylvester Stallone) out of his town.

:LOL:Funny story...after seeing Rambo I was at a Keg Party, Drunk and decided that I wanted to see if I could sew my own arm upo_O...
So I got some needle and thread and did just that:eek:...Yes,(y) I can so myself up if needed I learned that night!:cool:(y)

Last edited:
Ok pit crew included.......How did he get the name chocolate? 😒
PIT CREWS
The Rainbow Warriors at work
Rainbow Warriors: Jeff Gordon's first pit crew gained its nickname from the brightly-colored paint scheme on the 24 car.

Flying Aces: Dale Earnhardt's mid-to-late 80's pit crew was regularly the fastest in the sport. Also known as "The Junkyard Dogs".

Flying Deuces: Rusty Wallace's first pit crew with Penske got its simple nickname from its car number.

Pit Bulls: Greg Biffle's team gave itself this appropriate nickname for any crew.

Killer Bees: Matt Kenseth's championship pit crew took its name from his DeWalt-sponsored yellow and black paint scheme.