• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Nascar Bracketology 2020

CheckeredPast

Is a custom rules league. DGG default settings apply to laps lead and most laps lead along with finishing position points only. However qualifying points are based on the old yahoo rules. Only the top 4 qualifiers score you points 10-5-3-1,and there are no segment points.
This an NCAA tournament style league that will take on 64 teams divided into 4 regions of 16 teams each. Once the league is full brackets will be set and you take on another player head to head in a best of 9 series to see who moves on to the round of 32,than another best of 9 series to move on to the sweet 16,and yet another 1 on 1 best of 9 series to determine the elite 8. A best of 7 series from there will determine the final 4 by Martinsville.

This will produce much lower scores than most if not all of your other leagues. My thought is the lower scores will produce closer tighter, 1 on 1 match ups in a best of series. I don't want it to be easy as in Nascar to make it to the final 4.

Good luck if you dare.
ID 1457

CheckeredPast

Is a custom rules league. DGG default settings apply to laps lead and most laps lead along with finishing position points only. However qualifying points are based on the old yahoo rules. Only the top 4 qualifiers score you points 10-5-3-1,and there are no segment points.
This an NCAA tournament style league that will take on 64 teams divided into 4 regions of 16 teams each. Once the league is full brackets will be set and you take on another player head to head in a best of 9 series to see who moves on to the round of 32,than another best of 9 series to move on to the sweet 16,and yet another 1 on 1 best of 9 series to determine the elite 8. A best of 7 series from there will determine the final 4 by Martinsville.

This will produce much lower scores than most if not all of your other leagues. My thought is the lower scores will produce closer tighter, 1 on 1 match ups in a best of series. I don't want it to be easy as in Nascar to make it to the final 4.

Good luck if you dare.
ID 1457
Although you may be eliminated from bracket play(60 of 64 will be at some point)no one is eliminated from league play. I heap lots of awards and rewards on my die hard players.
One bad race or one off series doesn't make a season. I myself lost my best of 9 series in the round of 32 last year. But BGG recognizes me as the league Champion because I ended up the full season points leader. The Bracketier of the Year last year was AnkRacing,a very tough and classy lady racer. Come and take our titles away,if you think you can.