• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

NASCAR Bracketology 2020

CheckeredPast

Is up and running,ID 1457.
This is an NCAA tournament style league where 64 teams will be divided into 4 regions of 16 teams each. You will take on another player in your region in a 1 on 1 head to head match up in a best of 9 series to move on to the round of 32. Then another head to head best of 9 series to determine who makes it to the Sweet 16. Yet again a best of 9 series to see who moves on to the Elite 8. A best of 7 series will determine the Final 4. At that point each region will send 1 team in a winner take all showdown @ Phoenix.
Think you can run the gauntlet? Only 1 way to find out.

CheckeredPast

Good luck Hardcore! We had a lot of fun last year. Many of the players in my league as you will find out refer to me as Richard. I like running a league where people get to know 1 another and often times meet up attending races. I've met several of my league members @ Daytona and TMS.
Other than that CP is easier than typing out CheckeredPast. I'd hate for anyone to develop Carpol Tunnel Syndrome on my account.

Last edited:

CheckeredPast

At last count we're up to 40 players,looking for 64. No less than 6 of these 40 players finished top 100 in all of DGG last year.
To be the best,you've got to beat the best. So what are you waiting for?

CheckeredPast

All you have to do is beat another player 1 on 1 in a best of 9 series to move on to the round of 32,than another player in a best of 9 series to move on to the Sweet 16,and another player in a best of 9 series to determine the Elite 8,and a best of 7 series to make it to the Final 4.
Piece of cake.

CheckeredPast

The beauty of it is unlike the NCAA tournament itself is you're not 1 and done here. A best of series allows for a bad race or 2 and you can still come back and win. We saw it last year where players got off to an 0-2 or even 0-3 start against their opponent just to turn around and rattle off 5 straight wins,and vice versa with players thinking they were ahead and "I got this" just to end up losing their series. You're never out until you give in.
Players are often like the drivers we all cheer for,they go on streaks.
This is not an elimination league by any stretch. Although you may be knocked out of bracket play there's still plenty to shoot for. I heap many awards on my players throughout the season. Participation awards,awards for race wins,high scores,and not 1 segment trophy but trophies to the top 3,and full season awards because it's not that easy to make it to the final 4 and win it all. But I want everyone to stick around.
I myself had a 2-0 lead on my opponent in the round of 32 last year,he beat me 5 straight and I was bounced from bracket play. But I never gave up and ended up the full season points champion. You just never know until you try.
What are you waiting for,a written invitation? lol