• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Hamlin - Bowyer Poll

Boyer or Hamlin in A or B ???

• Bowyer - A

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Bowyer - B

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Hamlin - A

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Hamlin - B

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Both - A

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Both - B

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Thanks for soliciting opinions.
Facts
1. Bowyer will have lost KuBu as a teammate
2. Bowyer will be driving a new body in the Ford Mustang
3. Hamlin will be gaining Truex as a full time JGR teammate
4. Toyota is not changing bodies like Chev did in 2018 and Ford will be in 2019

But, it depends on how many other "A" drivers are already picked. If you are asking for these two to be the eight and ninth drivers in the A category
then I would pick Hamlin as the eight and final A driver

LUG NUTS RACING

Thanks for soliciting opinions.
Facts
1. Bowyer will have lost KuBu as a teammate
2. Bowyer will be driving a new body in the Ford Mustang
3. Hamlin will be gaining Truex as a full time JGR teammate
4. Toyota is not changing bodies like Chev did in 2018 and Ford will be in 2019

But, it depends on how many other "A" drivers are already picked. If you are asking for these two to be the eight and ninth drivers in the A category
then I would pick Hamlin as the eight and final A driver
You make a good point with 2 and 4 but, so will Harvick, Logano and Keselowski. I voted Bowyer for A mostly because I didn't want to see any one team hold 1/3 of the spots in A. As I see it, Hamlin's the weak link at JGR compared to KY, Truex and even Jones. I'd vote Jones before Hamlin. Hamlin also gets a new crew chief this year so there's an unknown factor. I think Hamlin's problem is Hamlin.

I can see Ford adjusting quicker to the Mustang than Chevy did with the Camaro. Something to consider, GM is laying off like what, 12,000 workers in a great economy because management didn't adjust to a changing market and now they want to focus on selling cars nobody wants or can afford to buy (ie electric cars). That makes me question their commitment to the auto racing sector. Ford, and Toyota in particular have shown strong commitment to auto racing. Also, one team is switching from Chevy to Toyota this year. I want to say it's the 95 team but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

bryce34

How many drivers in A in this scenario?

That makes a big difference, imo. I think there should be 7 in A because having an 8th typically means an extra driver people only use 1-2 times at most. 7 drivers still gives you 63 starts for 36 races so plenty of usage combinations. An 8th in A just feels like there are 1-2 wasted drivers every year (at least to me). But anyway, just looking for clarity on the number since that impacts my vote.

Last edited:

beervo2

How many drivers in A in this scenario?

That makes a big difference, imo. I think there should be 7 in A because having an 8th typically means an extra driver people only use 1-2 times at most. 7 drivers still gives you 63 starts for 36 races so plenty of usage combinations. An 8th in A just feels like there are 1-2 wasted drivers every year (at least to me). But anyway, just looking for clarity on the number since that impacts my vote.
bryce34... Here's one proposal...

2019 DriverGroups_Proposal.jpg

Last edited:

beervo2

Unless I’m missing something, neither that post nor the one it references in the other thread state the number of A drivers.

By voting B for both does that mean 7 A listers with 4, 18, 22, 78, 2, 42, and 9? Or is 8 A listers the number regardless and this is just determine the 8th?
Yes 7 in A not including either Hamlin or Bowyer....If we stay with 9 starts per driver I think 7 in A is plenty....

BTW guessing new mustang body will be as slow as chevys/ Toyota’s last year

Ford had their fun last year
BTW guessing new mustang body will be as slow as chevys/ Toyota’s last year

Ford had their fun last year
I believe ford will catch on quicker than chevy. I believe they won't miss a beat penske stewart haas will be fast at atlanta definitely.

they both suck just as much as the other. if not for thier teamates and/or size of team, they would be no better than a steve park or ricky craven.