• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Driver Group Game Driver Usage Analysis

NASCAR Geek

Administrator
Staff member
I've added a new tab to the My Driver Usage page. It's in the Driver Group Game navigation under your Team Name.

driver-usage.png

I've wondered how many players really know about the Race-By-Race tab that has been there all season. When I put up the Season Analysis tab (a big shout out to subscriber Bryan S. for requesting this data and his suggestions made during the development of it) I really wanted to make sure players see it.

The page shows all the Driver Group Game drivers along with:
  • Driver Group (A, B or C).
  • # of races this driver raced in.
  • # of races this driver won.
  • Season total "Starter" points earned by this driver.
  • Season average "Starter" points earned by this driver.
  • Season total "Bench" points earned by this driver.
  • Season average "Bench" points earned by this driver.
  • # of races this driver was a "Starter" for your team.
  • Season total "Starter" points earned by this driver for your team.
  • Season average "Starter" points earned by this driver for your team.
  • # of races this driver was on the "Bench" for your team.
  • Season total "Bench" points earned by this driver for your team.
  • Season average "Bench" points earned by this driver for your team.
So far, I like to look at the AVERAGE POINTS each driver has earned me in both the STARTER and BENCH positions versus their TOTAL SEASON AVERAGE POINTS in the STARTER and BENCH positions.

For example, I have STARTED Clint Bowyer in seven races and averaged 81.1 points from him. Whereas, Clint's TOTAL SEASON AVERAGE POINTS in the STARTER position is 73.3. Let's me pat myself on the back for my Bowyer usage. That offsets the disappointment in my Martin Truex Jr usage. Truex averages 67.8 starter points on my team versus his season average starter points of 81.1.

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to make suggestions for the page.

GCGuinnesshead

Staff member
Sweet feature! More stats!

On a side note when I do the season analysis and rank my drivers by Avg under My Starter Points the point ranking puts the 100s below the rest of the accurately ranked numerical scores. So my worst driver is Buescher with a 30.0 avg and then it shows my best 2 drivers Logano 100.5 and Truex Jr 100.2 below him.

The bench points are only going to be qualifying points correct? Might be cool if it showed actual race points when they were on your bench so you can see how poorly you benched/started someone.

Last edited:

NASCAR Geek

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! Yeah, the numbers don't 'sort right' under some circumstances in a few places throughout some pages. I'm using an older version of DataTables which actually re-sorts the table on-the-fly in your browser. This off-season I'm re-coding the entire site in a new framework and will have the newest version that adds so much more functionality.

That's some good points scored for Logano and Truex. Now, why you always wanting to have some data to look at to beat yourself up? :p It would be cool to have "points left on the table" information. That might be some fancy calculations above my pay grade.