• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Dover Pick 3 Contest-Gander RV 400

Marlar

There were many nights I'd sit right there and look out at the stars
To the sound of a distant whippoorwill or the hum of a passing car
It was where I first got up the nerve to steal me my first kiss
And it was where I learned to play guitar and pray I had the gift

If the world had a front porch like we did back then...
If The World Had A Front Porch- Tracy Lawrence

Last edited:

Pritzi

Staff member
Dover Results

Congratulations to Martin Truex for winning at Dover. Unfortunately, the rain delayed the race to Monday but it was still pretty good.

As for the bonus of talking back in forth in lyrics, I had a blast! And it looks like several did too. It took a little while for some to catch on but we got the hang of it & by the end of the week, many were pros. It was so successful, I plan on doing it for Kansas. Please remember that it is to be an excerpt of a song/lyrics that plays off of the previous song. It can be connected through a key word or theme or response back to what the previous lyric is saying. Above all, just post an excerpt not the entire song.

As for the results, they are as follow:

9th place was won by #14 Clint Bowyer. We had 4 players correctly guess Clint. They are ZL1Motorsports, Chrisjen, B & B Racing & Motorhead. Congratulations you each receive 15 points.

16th place was won by #10 Aric Almirola . No one correctly guess Aric. The closest to Aric Alimorla without going over was guessed by Tombo with the #1 Kurt Busch. Tombo will receive 5 points.

24th place was won by #34 Mike McDowell. Intimidating Racing & Checkered Past correctly guessed #34 & each will receive 15 points.

******It should be noted, that within the above winners, that some played the bonus & some elected not to. It made some the most interesting movement…some missed huge leaps by just a point or 2 if they had played. Remember …those bonus points do come in handy …. especially win you win on a driver selection.********

The Dover scores are listed below. As always, please check your scores. I have been known to make mistakes & if I did, let me know & I will correct immediately. I do this manually, going through the post & counting & writing things down. So if I missed something let me know.

Swervin Ervin… ....................................................................................................................................(62) ….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 68)
Bones1738……..............................................................................................................................(52)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 58)
Marlar…………......................................................................................................................(47)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 53)
Pritzi……… ..........................................................................................................................(47) ….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 53)
Intimidating Race.........................................................................................................(32) …..0…..0…..15…. {+6 Bonus} = 21 (total 53)

ZL 1 Motorsports …..................................................................................................…(32)……15….0…..0….{N/A} = 15 (total 47)
Chrisjen..................................................................................................………. (29)……15….0…..0……{N/A} = 15 (total 44)
B & B Racing.................................................................................................... (27)…..15….0….0…{+2 Bonus} =17 (total 44)
CheckeredPast….....................................................................................…..(26) …0….0…15…{+1 Bonus} = 16 (total 43)
Kickin Chicken……...........................................................................................(37)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 43)
Sleestak………................................................................................................ (37) ….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 43)
BlackLundProV…............................................................................................. (37)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 43)
Ank Racing ............................................................................................ (35)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 41)
Wyland .............................................................................……….. (32)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 38)
Crashthe24 ................................................................................... (32)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 38)
Tombo …………......................................................................(27)…..0….5…..0……{+6 Bonus} = 11 (total 38)
Downfarce……......................................................................(29)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 35)
Walker TX Ranger… ...................................................(30)….0….0….0…{+4 Bonus} = 4 (total 34)
Juneau4…........................................................... (27)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 33)
Waco Warrior.......................................…… (22)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 28)
Team Caterpillar .......................................… (27)….0….0….0…{N/A} = 0 (total 27)
Elusive Bobcat......................…… (22)….0….0….0…{+1 Bonus} = 1 (total 23)
ControlCar42 .............................. (17)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 23)
Motorhead55….…...................... (7)…..15….0….0….{N/A} = 15 (total 22)
Jervin09 ……............................ (20)….0….0….0…{N/A} = 0 (total 20)
Barbara…….................................... (17)….missed………(total 17)
Gonzo…………......... (8)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 14)
Riff Raff………… (7)….0….0….0…{+6 Bonus} = 6 (total 13)
Hardcore Racing L. …(13)….0….0….0…{N/A} = 0 (total 13)
NASCAR Geek…(12)….0….0….0…{N/A} = 0 (total 12)
Scooby10672….......(4)…..missed……. (total 4)

How to read the scores. The number in the first parenthesis is the total amount of points you had coming into the Dover race. The 1st, 2nd & 3rd numbers represent your score for guessing positions 9th, 16th & 24th position. The next numbers within the curved brackets represents the bonus we had of posting partial Lyrics for Lyrical Song Game for a total up to 6 points. The number after equal sign represents all the points you earned at Dover. The final number in the parenthesis represents your total number of points you have earned to date.

Thank you to all that played this past week. It sure was a lot of fun. For me, its the best time I have had so far. Personally, I think it is because we are getting to know each other better as a result of playing together over the last several weeks. We are having fun & talking and thats what this contest is all about :)

Pritzi

Staff member
Pritzi,being the straight up honest man I am(more often brutally honest than people can handle these days)I believe you gave me an extra point.
My score should be 42,not 43.
26+16=42
Nope Richard, I gave you a point for posting part of Ramblin' Man. I'm hoping it will entice you to come out and post music with us. I miss chatting with you & you should come out here. We have a lot of fun :).....or just fly "stealth" every now and then and drop some lyrics :cool: