• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

Dover Pick 3 Contest-Gander RV 400

Pritzi

Staff member
On the road to Dover International Speedway for the Gander RV 400. The random numbers this week will be picked in honor of Chase Elliott’s win last week at Talladega. Well done Chase.

The random numbers this week are to guess who will finish in the 9th, 16th & 24th place. Guess correctly on any place and you will receive 15 points for each spot. If no one guesses correctly, closest without going over will receive 5 points for each spot.

9th Place was chosen for the winner last week at Talladega, Chase Elliott in the #9 car.

16th Place was chosen because in 2016, Chase Elliott won Rookie of the Year.

24th Place was chosen for the car number, #24, Chase Elliott use to race in when he Gordon retired.

On to the BONUS. This is a whole new bonus game this week worth up to 6 points. Yes, 6 points !!! Thats the most we have done all year & it is worth so much because it may take extra time to get all your bonus responses in because you will have to depend on others to play the game. So I’m rewarding those that play early & make it easier for others to play & get their points. People who wait till the end to post may not be able to score.

Very important to read the instructions to know how to post properly to get all your points. If not, no points. We will be talking/posting in LYRICS only. This type of game has been played before on other platforms, group chats & has been lots of fun. Since we have been posting music/videos for the last 3 Pick 3 Contests, we should all have music on our minds & should be easy to do.

This Pick 3 Dover post will run like a thread. That is, you post under the last post posted and you will respond to the previous post by “adding to it/carrying on” like a conversation. The trick is, you only do it in lyrics. You will post the lyric & the song it came from and artist. If you want to post the video of the song lyric you are posting you can. Now, we are only to speak in lyrics….nothing else. The only thing you can post that isn’t lyrics are your picks for the week. Have fun with this game & test your creativity…..just make sure lyrics only with song & artist. You are not replying to any post.…OK. You are only keeping the thread going by jumping in the “conversation” of lyrics by posting under it.

Remember this is for fun. You are following the post above you. You cant come out & post your picks and 6 song lyrics all together. You have to wait for someone else to post a lyric before you can put another one down. The only talking is to be in song lyric. If someone doesn’t post correctly…..just carry on from the previous correct post. Here is an example of 6 different people posting to each other in lyrics….

player 1 “Hey, I just met you and this is crazy….But here's my number, so call me maybe” .......Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jespen

player 2“Jenny I've got your number…I need to make you mine….Jenny don't change your number……8 6 7-5 3 0 9 “Tommy Tutone 867-5309

player 3 “Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got….I’m still, I'm still Jenny from the block….. Used to have a little, now I have a lot….No matter where I go, I know where I came from (from the Bronx!)..” Jenny from the Block….J.Lo

player 4 “Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today…..I want to be a part of it…..New York, New York…..These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray….Right through the very heart of it……New York, New York” New York New York….Frank Sinatra

player 5 “Well, it's one for the money….Two for the show…..Three to get ready….Now go, cat, go……But don't you…..Step on my blue suede shoes….Well you can do anything……But stay off of my blue suede shoes” Blue suede shoes Elvis Presley

player 6 “Money, get away…..Get a good job with more pay and you're O.K…..Money, it's a gas….Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash” ....Money …Pink Floyd

As you can see it can take a little bit of time to get use to. Thats why 6 points can be earned to help the posting along so others can post….hopefully that makes sense….

I will post the first lyric to get things going on the following post

Points standing going into Dover :
Swervin Ervin… (total 62)
Bones1738.......(total 52)
Marlar.............(total 47)
Pritzi……… (total 47)

Kickin Chicken……(total 37)
Sleestak……… (total 37)
BlackLundProV… (total 37)
Ank Racing .... (total 35)
Wyland ……….. (total 32)
Crashthe24 ...... (total 32)
ZL 1 Motorsports ……(total 32)
Intimidating Race.... (total 32)
Walker TX Ranger… (total 30)
Chrisjen………. (total 29)
Downfarce…….. (total 29)
Team Caterpillar … (total 27)
Tombo ………… (total 27)
Juneau4…. (total 27)
B & B Racing.... (total 27)
BlackLundProV……(total 27)
CheckeredPast........(total 26)
Elusive Bobcat…… (total 22)
Waco Warrior…… (total 22)
Jervin09 …… (total 20)
Barbara…… (total 17)
ControlCar42 ....... (total 17)
Hardcore Racing L. …(total 13)
NASCAR Geek…… (total 12)
Gonzo………… (total 8)
Motorhead55….… (total 7)
Riff Raff………… (total 7)
Scooby10672…… (total 4)

Pritzi

Staff member
I know nothing about music so I'm not even going to try, have to hope I hit the picks right.o_O
You can always Google a song with a certain word in it. I knew the double dutch bus song from child hood but you can Google (example)... "songs with bus in lyrics" and go from there. If you want to play since there are many points

I lyric I posted has tons of keyword in that there are songs out there with those words in them like "Car, Money, Downtown & Train"....just look up lyrics and copy & paste it :)

I wrote this just because I wanted others to have insight how to play or easy way to get the thought process going . Next post needs to pick up off my post :)

Good luck everyone & Juneau4.....you have the whole week to play so dont give up so soon....it really is easy to play :)

Juneau4

You can always Google a song with a certain word in it. I knew the double dutch bus song from child hood but you can Google (example)... "songs with bus in lyrics" and go from there. If you want to play since there are many points

I lyric I posted has tons of keyword in that there are songs out there with those words in them like "Car, Money, Downtown & Train"....just look up lyrics and copy & paste it :)

I wrote this just because I wanted others to have insight how to play or easy way to get the thought process going . Next post needs to pick up off my post :)

Good luck everyone & Juneau4.....you have the whole week to play so dont give up so soon....it really is easy to play :)
I hope it's easy because I never copy and paste and may never will, to old to learn I guess and have always felt my words were more important than someone else words or thoughts.

tombo

"Bus fare trans-pass....That's the way my money lasts.....Ain't got no car to get around.....When I go to work I've gotta go downtown.....Now I've missed my train........That's a darn shame"..... Double Dutch Bus by Frankie Smith

"Thank you driver for getting me here.
Youll be an inspector have no fear.
I dont want to cause no fuss.
But can i buy your magic bus?"
The who
I hope i did this right.

Pritzi

Staff member
I hope it's easy because I never copy and paste and may never will, to old to learn I guess and have always felt my words were more important than someone else words or thoughts.

It really is very easy & it just suppose to be a fun game so dont overthink it too much. Anyway, y'all know me pretty well & should know that if you post a lyric, I'm pretty much going to give you credit for it ;);) . Just make sure you put name of song & artist. Its kind of of a name/word game of the previous song posted or a continuing thought of it.....just have fun with it & post some lyrics & all will be good for bonuses .....its easy, you'll get the hang of it ;):):)

Pritzi

Staff member
Pritzi
So just as long as one word in the prior posted song lyric is the same.....the ‘chain’ moves on???
Pretty much so. Thats the easiest way to go. The better you get with it the more you can play back and forth with songs like you are having a convo. Like the Ramblin Man song I post talks about leaving & Swervin came in saying dont go leaving....its playing off of words, thoughts, themes...anything really.....its just fun to play & see were it goes by the end of the week

Pritzi

Staff member
The who
I hope i did this right.
Absolutely perfect Tombo :)....Great playing off of bus & I will post something off of your post & I'm going with Magic because there are so many songs about magic

ControlCar42

Ok ok ok
Been thinking about this
******this is an example I do not get pts********
I.E.
Cars Gary Numan
“Here in my car.....life safest of all....I can lock all my doors....it’s the only way to live.....in Cars”.

Rapture Blondie
“You go out at nite, eatin cars Cadillacs Lincoln’s too Mercuries and Subaru’s
And when there’s no more cars you go out at night eating Bars where the people meet”

Closing Time Semisonic
“One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer......closing time you don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here”

So words/topic/thought flows

Cars......cars/bar......bar/time....
Possibly next song could be Wasted Time by Don Henley

More Clear?

Pritzi

Staff member
Ok ok ok
Been thinking about this
******this is an example I do not get pts********
I.E.
Cars Gary Numan
“Here in my car.....life safest of all....I can lock all my doors....it’s the only way to live.....in Cars”.

Rapture Blondie
“You go out at nite, eatin cars Cadillacs Lincoln’s too Mercuries and Subaru’s
And when there’s no more cars you go out at night eating Bars where the people meet”

Closing Time Semisonic
“One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer......closing time you don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here”

So words/topic/thought flows

Cars......cars/bar......bar/time....
Possibly next song could be Wasted Time by Don Henley

More Clear?
Exactly & that is how my example flowed in my original posting .....Started with Call me....to Jenny 867-5309----to Jenny on block in Bronx....to New York New York with reference to shoes.....to song of blue suede shoes....to Money song because blue sued shoes mentions money.

its very easy....dont over think it to much ....Just grab something from the last song posted & play off of it with a song

Pritzi

Staff member
The who
I hope i did this right.
*****Picking up from Tombo's post*****

"Got a black magic woman....Got a black magic woman.....I've got a black magic woman.....Got me so blind I can't see.....That she's a black magic woman.....She's trying to make a devil out of me".....Black magic woman by Santana

Post 3

And off the top of my head if anyone wanted to play of this lyric....you could go with LA Woman by Doors.....Devil with a blue dress by Mitch Ryder....He's a Magic Man by Heart.....Blinded by Science ....etc.....it can go just about anywhere :)

Last edited:

crashthe24

picks coming later...
(learned something today... i thought betty davis eyes by kim carnes would work, but it's actually bette davis eyes (not betty)
didn't want to lose on a technicality...

have you heard the news
it's all over town
if you ain't heard it boys
you better sit down
i got the story here
it's hot off the press
brace yourself now
and take a deep breath
grab a hold of something
and hold on tight
betty lou's getting out tonight
Bob Seger - Betty Lou's getting out tonight

Last edited:

tombo

Guess who just got back today
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed that much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy

The Boys Are Back In Town
Thin Lizzy
"Mental wounds wont stop healing.
Who and whats to blame?
Im going off the rails on a CRAZY train
Im going off the rails on a crazy train"
"Crazy train"
Ozzy ozborne

crashthe24

my baby takes the morning train
he works from 9 'til 5 and then
he takes another home again
to find me waiting for him

he takes me to a movie or to a restaurant
to go slow dancing, anything i want
only when he's with me, i catch a light
only when he gives me, make me feel alright...

Sheena Easton - Morning Train

Last edited: