• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

2020 DAYTONA 500

crashthe24

Eater of Chinese Spam
so it looks like the C drivers that used to hang on the lead lap thru stage 2 or get the lucky dog when stage 2 ends will now be firmly a lap down with a longer stage 2 and a shorter stage 3.
Nascar is hoping for 1 pit stop in stage 3 instead of 2 to tighten the field, makes it where we'll see that a car that dominates will lap everyone but 10 drivers and have a finish with not many on the lead lap.

that'll cause a rule change in 2021 to make us have 4 stages with 3 stage cautions to tighten the field.
freeeking morons.

crashthe24

Eater of Chinese Spam
you guys know how this works...
you won't take suarez and take rookie number #1 instead who crashes.
the next week you take rookie #2 who cuts a tire and goes 2 laps down because of damage while suarez finishes ahead of him.
week 3, you finally decide maybe suarez isn't cursed and use him. he gets taken out by rookie #3 while rookies #1 and #2 get top 10's

oldfartracer

the next week you take rookie #2 who cuts a tire and goes 2 laps down because of damage while suarez finishes ahead of him.
week 3, you finally decide maybe suarez isn't cursed and use him. he gets taken out by rookie #3 while rookies #1 and #2 get top 10's
😂👍😂👍😂

so it looks like the C drivers that used to hang on the lead lap thru stage 2 or get the lucky dog when stage 2 ends will now be firmly a lap down with a longer stage 2 and a shorter stage 3.
Nascar is hoping for 1 pit stop in stage 3 instead of 2 to tighten the field, makes it where we'll see that a car that dominates will lap everyone but 10 drivers and have a finish with not many on the lead lap.

that'll cause a rule change in 2021 to make us have 4 stages with 3 stage cautions to tighten the field.
freeeking morons.
Funny you mentioned 4 stages, it sounds like that might happen next yr.....

Jeff Gluck

Interesting: NASCAR considered going to four stages instead of three. But ultimately decided to put that on hold until Next Gen car comes along…then they’ll see if the racing needs it.

B & B Racing

Yep it never fails...happens every time!!

Just in case you didn't get the latest email from Darren (NASCAR Geek), here it is... I got this today at 11:30 am.......

TL;DR Driver Group Game is Open for 2020

For the More Curious...
CHECK-IN
The first time you go to each of the leagues you are in, it will ask you to 'check-in'. This lets everyone know who has made it back for the season and who hasn't.
LEAGUES
When you login, everything is as it was last season. I removed no players from any leagues. Leagues are meant to be 'reusable' or even an 'entity' if you will. The Commissioner can 'remove' a player and a player can 'quit' a league. It's better to take the Year out of a league name than create a whole new league (each year!)
COMMISSIONERS
Reset the 'Lucky Dog' option for your league if you want it on. Reset your Races selections if your league is running a modified season or track type. Confirm your Points structure is as you want it for this season. Any tweaks? I consolidated Messages and Memos but some of you really needed the Memo part separate. I will bring that back.
All of these things (and more) are done in your Commissioner Dashboard which you get to via the link in the sidebar navigation under the league name.
LEAGUE STANDINGS
I will have last years points standings up in your league at some point.
DAYTONA 500 ENTRY and beyond!
Making entries for future races was a big request last year. I'm finalizing that code and you'll be able to access your entry forms for the whole season.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
I promise you. 99% of everything you want to do in your league or as a player...that is joining, quitting, avatars, email address, password...is on the site.
So, please look around for you answer before going straight to the contact form. This year I'd like to enjoy playing along with my friends as well. (Avenging myself on the 'newbie' Bowyer Fast who demolished me last season. D#$n her!)

Phone Users!
Sometimes I'm not sure if you see the little green square with 3 horizontal lines? That's a 'hamburger button'. Oddly enough, no hamburgers come from it. But, it does display to you the whole sidebar navigation on the desktop version of the site.

WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO?
or...Why Isn't All This and More Done Yet with DGG?
As you probably know, Driver Group Game was not my concept. The task to code it rather dropped in my lap 3 years ago. I say it is a blessing from God to me that it happened. I'm thankful that I am able to bring it to you free of charge.
What remains at the top of my 'to-do' list is the complete re-coding of my main site. My bread-and-butter. The Apple of my Eye...Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet.
It is now becoming FRCS.pro
Much shorter to type out. It's packed full of upgrades to the current tools plus a bevy of DFS NASCAR tools as well. I have much to do on it. But, I'm excited to see how it develops through the input of subscribers.
All subscribers free or paid on the current site are set up on the new site. You just need to reset your password.
See ya'll over at Driver Group Game!
Darren Fauth
aka NASCAR Geek

tombo

freeeking morons.
Theyve bout got this rigged just right for kryle to lead over 2000 laps win 10-15 races and the championship this year.

tombo

Downfarce

There are a few that haven't joined up in my league yet. Just an FYI. Thinking about only having the only scoring in my league to be finish position only:unsure:(y)(n)nothing else. Old time scoring..Winston Cup:LOL::LOL:Comments(y)Maybe start another league for this:unsure: newnascar.JPG newnascar.JPG