• Until we can sync your login for the main site with the Community Forum you will need to register a new account here as well.

2019 Driver Groups

IMelt424

Wow, I guess some of you folks keep at it all year long, me, I needed a break. That's a lot of stuff to read, many opinions as to where this deal ought to go. I even forgot I actually started this forum many moons ago. I've seen all kinds of ideas, polls, requests for opinions etc. For sure lots of good input. In early December one of the powers that be in Fantasy Racing gave a little hint as to where this deal might be going next year and I for one think it looked pretty good. here's what he had:
A Group—7 drivers, 8 starts each (36 needed, 56 available) (Kyle Busch, Martin Truex Jr., Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, Chase Elliott, Kyle Larson)
B Group—14 drivers, 8 starts each (72 needed, 112 available) (Clint Bowyer, Denny Hamlin, Kurt Busch
Erik Jones, Ryan Blaney, Jimmie Johnson, Alex Bowman, Aric Almirola, Austin Dillon, Daniel Suarez, Paul Menard, Ricky Stenhouse Jr, , Ryan Newman, William Byron)
C Group - All other drivers, including, (Ty Dillon, Bubba Wallace Jr., Matt Dibendetto, Chris Buescher, Daniel Hemric, Matt Tift, Ryan Preece, David Ragan, Michael McDowell)
There were also questions/debate regarding stage points, Q points, etc. and I hope they leave that part as is, PLEASE NO STAGE POINTS!
Anyway, I guess we'll all know pretty soon, looking forward to another fun year of DGG and fun discussions on this site.

This looks really good. Would like to see 9 starts each but could live with 8 if it shakes out this way. 24 in C until he can prove he belongs in B. Would like to see 10 points for leading a lap also. Stage points I could see where they could help. If they earned the points and were taken out you could possibly salvage your day.

oldfartracer

This looks really good. Would like to see 9 starts each but could live with 8 if it shakes out this way. 24 in C until he can prove he belongs in B. Would like to see 10 points for leading a lap also. Stage points I could see where they could help. If they earned the points and were taken out you could possibly salvage your day.
The problem I have with stage points is it’s always just a big crap shoot from one week to the next. Who’s staying out for stage points, who’s playing strategy by pitting before the stage ends to gain track position? I play in another fantasy game that uses nascar stage points and believe me, it’s a pure guessing game from race to race, just when you think you know what a drivers strategy for a stage will be, they’ll do the opposite.

Downfarce

hEY EVERYONE!! Haven't been on the site for awhile but looks like a lost of suggestions. As for the DGG, I vote for leaving it the way it is..simple and easy to navigate through the picks., I also think we need to get more people to play. Not to far off and the GREEN FLAG will drop!! Hope y'all had a great holidays(s)!! Have to get my DGG membership!(y)(y):D:D

dandr

hEY EVERYONE!! Haven't been on the site for awhile but looks like a lost of suggestions. As for the DGG, I vote for leaving it the way it is..simple and easy to navigate through the picks., I also think we need to get more people to play. Not to far off and the GREEN FLAG will drop!! Hope y'all had a great holidays(s)!! Have to get my DGG membership!(y)(y):D:D
Got my membership! :) My husband did too!

Last edited:
#1 wish for me is to have everyone in the DGG playing by the same rules so that we are all competing against each other. If the commissioners can customize their games there will be no overall ranking. You will ONLY be ranked within your own league. So, if you only have 12 members in your league you will finish 1 thru 12. I have played this allocations style game for so many years because I like competition. The more that I am competing against the better I like it. I hope we can get the number of players up to 100,000 again some day.
#2 wish is to keep the game as close to what it has been as possible. I don't mind small tweaks though. I wouldn't care if we get 9 or 8 starts, or if we get 5 or 10 bonus points for laps led. I am not in favor of stage points.
Originally, I was opposed to Crashthe24's snake draft proposal, but after studying on it I realize that it would be fine.
I am sure whatever Darren comes out with I will enjoy!

Downfarce

When are we able to start getting our DDG league together for 2019? I want join as many as possible besides getting my own going again!! Gettin' close. Cars on the track Feb. 9 for first practice!!

Took a few months break from talking Fantasy Nascar (I also run my own site - good to take a break) and I am super excited for the 2019 season. In the process of switching jobs, so hopefully that will allow me to be on here more.

Personally, I am fine how the game was last season. It had a solid baseline to it. Maybe a few small changes, but that's about it

dandr

Took a few months break from talking Fantasy Nascar (I also run my own site - good to take a break) and I am super excited for the 2019 season. In the process of switching jobs, so hopefully that will allow me to be on here more.

Personally, I am fine how the game was last season. It had a solid baseline to it. Maybe a few small changes, but that's about it
Agree and Good to see you here Motorhead55.

I agree too. IMO, leave well enough alone. Why fix something until it breaks??:ROFLMAO: